Manager, Materials Services
We are seeking a visionary manager to continue the reinvention of our Materials Services department, which includes our Bibliographic Team handling acquisitions, cataloging, serials and Inter-Library Loan, and our Shelving Team handling the sorting and shelving using an Automated Material Handling System and RFID technology.
The Bibliographic Team consists of a full time cataloging librarian, 3 full time and 1 part time Library Assistants, and 2 part time ILL Assistants. The Shelving Team is supervised by a full-time Assistant Manager, and consists of 2 part time Team Leaders, 7 SWAN Check-in Clerks and over 20 Shelving Aides.
The Manager, Materials Services participates on the Library’s Senior Management Team and reports to the Assistant Director of Administrative Services.
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. Salary range begins at $60,299.
This position requires an MLS/ALA, a minimum of 5 years experience in a library technical services department, and a minimum of 3 years of current, progressively responsible management experience. The successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of current cataloging practices for print and non-print materials, Dewey Decimal Classification, MARC format, AACR2, RDA, and LC subject headings. The position requires experience with using Integrated Library Systems for the functions of cataloging, acquisitions and serials.
To apply, please send a cover letter attention James Madigan, Assistant Director of Administrative Services and resume to email@example.com not later than March 21, 2014.
Library Assistant (2 positions)
Are you positive, dynamic, creative, and community focused? We are looking for two exceptionally friendly and approachable people to join our staff as Library Assistants in our Branch Services and Customer Services department.
You will love this job if:
- You are always looking for opportunities to make people feel welcome; at the library you would help customers check out material, register them for a library card, help them with a fee, or assist them with copying and faxing.
- You take pride in your surroundings; you would make sure we are clean and tidy and our displays are refreshed and looking beautiful.
- You see the big picture, you would understand when to jump in and help.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
- You are an explorer; you would be out on the floor with the library customers helping them with all of their needs.
- You know your way around technology; you would need to have the ability to explain basic computer skills and new media to users.
- You have an optimistic attitude - we believe that anything is possible.
This job requires a high school diploma. Some college is preferred. An additional two years experience working in a library, retail, or hospitality setting are strongly preferred. Evening and weekend availability is required. Shifts average 4 to 5 hours, and can be at any of our three locations. Salary begins at $12.17 per hour.
Please send a completed resume with cover letter to: Lori Pulliam, Branch Services and Customer Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 21, 2014.