Updated Wednesday, June 14*
Automatic renewals to debut in June
Starting Wednesday, June 14, eligible items will renew automatically, giving you more peace of mind as well as more time with library materials.
So what do you need to do? Nothing!
How automatic renewal works
- Starting June 14, eligible items checked out on your account that have a due date of June 16 or later will automatically renew up to five times. You don't need to do anything—it's automatic!
- Hot Picks, items from the Multicultural Collection, devices and equipment, and any item on hold for another cardholder are not eligible for renewal.
- Digital collection items (ebooks, digital audiobooks, streaming movies and music) are not affected by this change and continue to return automatically.
- Two days before the due date, eligible items will automatically renew.
- Cardholders who have an email address listed on their account will get an email letting them know which items were automatically renewed, and which were not.
- Cardholders can sign up for email notifications by asking a staff member in person at any library location, by phone during open hours, and by contacting us.
- Cardholders can always check due dates for all items using the “My Account” tab in the catalog.
- Questions? Contact us now >
More time, more peace of mind
This change comes on the heels of another change to give you more time with library materials, and more peace of mind. Effective Thursday, June 1, the library's revised borrowing policy eliminated overdue fines for items checked out at any Oak Park Public Library location. Learn more about the library's revised borrowing policy >
*Please note: Because of a one-day delay in the implementation of automatic renewal, items that were set to automatically renew on June 15 must now be renewed manually. Eligible items due on June 16 or later are now being automatically renewed. This article has been updated to reflect the change in dates.