Try something newPublished on Tue, 12/31/2013 - 12:03pm | Updated on Mon, 04/07/2014 - 2:18pm.
Here are just a few ideas on how you can resolve to try something new at your library this year. We hope to see you soon!
- Discover a new author. Browse what's new, or just ask us - in person and online through our web site, Facebook or Twitter. We’re here to help!
- Download free ebooks and audiobooks. For reading on the go, our cardholders have thousands of options.
- Brush up your resume – or look for a new job. Access all we have for job seekers, including free seminars, technical classes and printed and online resources.
- Bring a child to storytime. And find more special events for kids, available at all library locations.
- Are you a teen? See what free teen fun we have, just for you and your friends.
- Build your family tree. It's easy to access genealogy tools online. Or register to get started in person with a genealogy class at the Main Library.
- Explore the library’s many online tools. Find great resources and full-text articles on all kinds of subjects.
- Learn a new language. Cardholders can choose from many courses available through Mango Languages for adults and teens and MUZZY for kids.
- Listen (and keep) some new tunes and music videos. Download up to three a week from Freegal Music, and keep them forever.
- Visit a museum. A Museum Adventure Pass provides special offers and discounts to nearly 20 unique cultural destinations throughout the Chicago area.
To find events at your library see our online calendar, which you can sort by event type and library location.