Forty new Sprint 4G mobile hotspots are available for checkout at all Oak Park Public Library locations.
Oak Park Public Library cardholders can borrow a small, lightweight device for up to one week, with up to five renewals if no other Oak Park cardholders are waiting. Hotspots can be placed on hold through the library catalog and in person.
“Providing mobile hotspots for checkout is about increasing access, and offering more ways for all Oak Parkers to get more from their public library services and resources," said Oak Park Public Library Executive Director David J. Seleb.
- Keep for one week; renew up to five times if no one is waiting.
- Must be an Oak Park Public Library cardholder.
- 4G device connects WiFi-enabled smartphones, tablets, and laptops to the Internet from any location within Sprint's 4G coverage area.
- One hotspot connects up to 10 WiFi-enabled devices; a fully charged device lasts about six hours.
- Check out and return at service desks in all three buildings. Replacement cost is $80.
- Comes in a zipped bag with power cord, adaptor, and instruction card.
- Connect to the internet with the ZTE Warp Connect Hotspot (pdf) >
- Can reciprocal borrowers check out a hotspot? Currently, hotspots are available only for Oak Park Public Library cardholders. Looking for options? Communities including Chicago and Forest Park offer mobile hotspots to their library cardholders.