Looking for ways to give back to your community? Our Home Delivery program needs you. Learn more about volunteering with us.
Who can use the library's free Home Delivery Service?
Any Oak Park Public Library cardholder who is temporarily or permanently unable to come into any library location.
How do I request this service?
- Contact Irene Balks at 708-452-3473 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ben Iglar-Mobley at 708-452-3469 or email@example.com
- Please give your name, address, and telephone number.
What materials can I receive?
- You may request any of our materials through Home Delivery.
- Items checked out through Home Delivery have the same loan periods as regular checkouts.
How does it work?
- Deliveries are made once a week, on Friday mornings.
- You may make specific or general requests for materials. For example, some patrons ask for specific titles each week, and others request three mysteries per week and we select the titles.
What if I do not have an Oak Park Public Library card?
If you do not have an Oak Park Public Library card, you can apply for a temporary card online, and we can share a paper form. Learn more about getting a library card.
Are there any related fees?
No, our Home Delivery Service is a free service to you. Home Delivery customers do not receive late fines for overdue materials, but replacement fees are charged for lost items.