- Our vision: To empower every voice in our community.
- Our mission: We share the information, services, and opportunities that fulfill Oak Park's aspirations.
- Community aspirations: Literacy, education, diversity, inclusion, equity, health, safety, affordability.
Informed by community aspirations, the library's three strategic priorities are engagement, learning, and stewardship. Read the 2017 plan here, approved by the Board of Library Trustees on November 15, 2016, and download it as a PDF.
We are turned outward toward our community. We talk with our community members, we listen, and take action on what we learn. We are intentional about the choices we make.
Corresponding Values: Collaboration, Compassion, Gathering, Participation.
We are an organization committed to our own learning and to education and learning for everyone. We are a champion of open access to information. We provide the content that our community needs and expects.
Corresponding Values: Knowledge, Access, Literacy, Reading, Education, Opportunity, Intellectual Freedom.
We preserve and provide access to Oak Park's history. We are committed to environmental sustainability. We are responsible and transparent in the wise use of our community’s resources.
Corresponding Values: Accountability, Preservation, Sustainability, Transparency.
- Share information, knowledge, and enriching experiences with everyone. (Engagement and Stewardship)
- Improve library spaces for access and education. (Engagement and Learning)
- Eliminate unnecessary barriers to service. (Engagement and Stewardship)
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to improve our collections, services, programs, and experiences. (Learning and Stewardship)
- Measure, evaluate, and communicate our value and our impact. (Stewardship)
- Respect our capital and environmental resources. (Stewardship)
- Preserve and share Oak Park’s history and local content. (Engagement and Stewardship)
- Convene our community in conversation about its aspirations. (Engagement and Learning)
- Collaborate to achieve Oak Park’s aspirations within the library’s vision and mission. (Engagement and Stewardship)