Kanopy is the library's new movie streaming service
Stream a variety of feature films, documentaries, and educational videos from The Criterion Collection, Music Box, First Run Features, Kino Lorber, Shout Factory, Breaking Glass, Cohen Film Collection, PBS, The Great Courses, and many more. View 10 films per month, with unlimited streaming for 72 hours after you begin watching. Currently for use in a browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) on PC/Mac, and mobile devices with the Android or iOS app. Compatible with Roku, Apple TV and Chromecast. Set up your account with your email address and library card at oppl.kanopystreaming.com.
Anywhere, anytime access
- Popular digital collections: ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, music, movies, and TV shows. See list and links in the sidebar on this page.
- Online resources: subscriptions to reference databases and research tools.
Magazines and newspapers
- Available publications, including journals, abstracts, and more >
Unique and Special Collections
- Specific historical, cultural and heritage collections >
- Hacking Hemingway: "a digital collection for the world"
- Local History: genealogy and archival resources
- Oak Park Creates: community creations
- Multicultural: resources focused on diversity and world cultures
- Transgender Resources: one of the nation's first in a public library