3M Cloud Library
Read when you want, how you want: the 3M Cloud Library provides Oak Park Public Library cardholders with another option to explore and borrow e-books at your library, home, and on the go. What's more, our digital librarians curate the library's collection and shelves, taking the best advantage of 3M's partnerships with major publishers to provide the most popular and diverse content available.
- Browse and check out ebooks from the 3M Cloud Library app or from the 3M Cloud Library web portal.
- Download the 3M Cloud Library app for your device.
- These guided video tours explain different aspects of the service.
- Check out our FAQs for quick answers.
- Our staff is always happy to help!
How to Check Out Ebooks
- Find a title to check out in the 3M Cloud Library web portal or through the 3M Cloud Library app.
- Log in to your account with your library card number and PIN to check out the item. Need help with your PIN?
Downloading Ebooks to Your Device
- You will need the 3M Cloud Library app to download your ebook to your device.
- The 3M Cloud Library app is available for PC, Mac, and many popular ereaders and mobile devices, such as iPhones & iPads, Android tablets, Nook Color & Tablet, and some Sony readers.
- The Kindle app store does not currently have the 3M Cloud Library app, but it can be installed on Kindle Fire by going to Options > More > Device > Allow Installation of Applications > ON, then visiting http://ebookdownload.3m.com/apps/android/3mcloudlibrary.apk
- These videos can help you get started with the app, downloads, and transfers.
What are the loan rules?
- Ebooks check out for 3 weeks
- You may have 5 titles checked out at once
- All titles may be returned early
I can't log in to my account
- Have you ever logged in to SWAN? You need to do that first, and create your PIN. Need help with your PIN?
- Is your library card expired? You will need to renew it at one of our physical locations before you can log in to our online tools.
Something is going wrong with my download/checkout
- Sometimes you may experience a temporary error--give it another try.
- The 3M Support page has answers to many common questions.
- If you are still having trouble, email us at email@example.com. Please include the following information so we can help you work through the issue:
- Steps to reproduce the problem
- Exact text of any error message
- URL(s) of any error page(s)
- Library card number
- Title(s) of problem download(s)
- Make and model of mobile device
- Operating system (Mac® OS 10.6.2, Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP, etc.)
- Internet browser and version
Everything I want is checked out
- From the Categories tab, you can check "Show only books available to check out" and click "Apply" to get a list of all ebooks that are available for immediate checkout.
- You can place up to 5 titles on hold at a time. When a title becomes available you will get an email, and will have 72 hours to check out the item.
I'm looking for something specific
I want to check out audiobooks
The 3M Cloud Library does not offer audiobooks, but you can download these from Overdrive .
What I want isn't available
Unfortunately, not every book has been made available as an ebook by its publisher. In addition, certain publishers have decided not to offer their ebooks to libraries for lending. You can also check our Overdrive service for more titles.
I want to return an ebook
- In the 3M Cloud Library web portal or the mobile app, go to the My Books tab.
- Find the ebook you would like to return, and click the Check In button.