What's a Freegal? Come find out! Join our staff experts on Facebook, Monday, May 20, from 7 to 9 pm. Virtual Services librarians Tara and Gretchen will answer your questions live, as well as share great tips, and a fun playlist or two. And, learn why Ben loves Freegal >
What is Freegal Music?
Using your Oak Park Public Library Card and PIN, Freegal lets you log in to download up to three songs a week. It works on PCs and Macs, and with Freegal’s app (iTunes or Google Play for Android), you can listen to songs on your mobile device. The catalog includes millions of songs from over 10,000 labels, and new artists are added weekly.
How do I get started?
- From your computer: use your Oak Park Public Library card number and PIN to log into Freegal
- From your mobile device: download the Freegal app, iTunes or Google Play for Android
Have more questions?
How do I add my songs to iTunes or Windows Media Player?
- If you downloaded songs from the Freegal App, you have two weeks to download songs again to your home computer
- Log in to Freegal
- Go to"Recent Downloads" to download your songs
- You may need to log out of the Freegal mobile app, which you can do in "settings"
- Once you have downloaded a song to your desktop or music folder, import the song into iTunes or Windows Media Player by either dragging the song into the window or importing it from the menu
Can I download an entire album?
- Yes, but not all at once. Since songs are available individually, you can download a whole album over time using three downloads per week
Is the app available for Kindle or Nook?
- No, the Amazon and Barnes and Noble app stores do not currently carry the Freegal app
I can't log in, what can I do?
- Have you ever logged in to SWAN? Do that first, then create your PIN.
- Is your library card expired? Renew your card at any library location to access all our online tools
I can't download/checkout, what can I do?
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Steps to reproduce the problem
- Exact text of any error message
- URL(s) of any error page(s)
- Library card number
- Title(s) of problem download(s)
- Make and model of mobile device
- Operating system (Mac® OS 10.6.2, Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP)
- Internet browser and version