Freegal's growing catalog includes millions of songs and thousands of music videos, with new artists added weekly. Use your Oak Park Public Library Card and PIN to download--or stream--songs and music videos from Freegal. It works on PCs, Macs, and mobile devices with Freegal’s app (iTunes or Google Play for Android).
How do I get started?
- From your computer: use your Oak Park Public Library card number and PIN to log into Freegal.
- From your mobile device: download the Freegal app, iTunes or Google Play for Android.
- Once logged in, hover over an album to either download or stream it. Download up to 5 songs a week, and/or stream up to 3 hours daily!
Have more questions?
- Log in and review Freegal FAQs, read suggestions on this page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I download music videos?
- Music videos are not currently available to download through the Freegal App. You will need to use a PC or a Mac.
- Log in to Freegal and choose a video to download.
- Once you have downloaded a video to your desktop or downloads folder, import the song into your favorite media player. Freegal music videos are mp4 files, which work iTunes, Windows Media Player, Quicktime, and many other media players.
- 1 music video counts as 2 of your total downloads for the week.
How do I add my songs to iTunes or Windows Media Player?
- If you downloaded songs from the Freegal App, you have two weeks to download songs again to your home computer.
- Log in to Freegal.
- Go to"Downloads" to download your songs.
- You may need to log out of the Freegal mobile app, which you can do in "Settings."
- Once you have downloaded a song to your desktop or music folder, import the song into iTunes or Windows Media Player by either dragging the song into the window or importing it from the menu.
What is the Wishlist?
- You can save songs and videos to your Wishlist to download later. These will appear in "My Wishlist."
- To add a song to your wishlist, click the + button and "Add to wishlist."
- If you have used your downloads for the week, you will see the message "Limit met." When your downloads reset for the next week, you will see "Download."
Can I download an entire album?
- Yes, but not all at once. Since songs are available individually, you can download a whole album over time using three downloads per week. You can save all of the songs from an album to your Wishlist to download over time.
Is the app available for Kindle or Nook?
- No, the Amazon and Barnes and Noble app stores do not currently carry the Freegal app.
I can't log in, what can I do?
- Have you ever logged in to SWAN? Do that first, then create your PIN.
- Is your library card expired? Renew your card at any library location to access all our online tools.
I can't download/checkout, what can I do?
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Steps to reproduce the problem
- Exact text of any error message
- URL(s) of any error page(s)
- Library card number
- Title(s) of problem download(s)
- Make and model of mobile device
- Operating system (Mac® OS 10.6.2, Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP)
- Internet browser and version