Read Digital Services Librarian Gretchen's take on what makes Zinio great >
Zinio is a digital magazine service that provides unlimited access to popular magazines with no holds or checkout periods.
- Magazines may be streamed online or downloaded onto your computer or mobile device through the Zinio Reader app
- Digital magazines include enhanced features, such as full-color pictures, interactive audio and video, and keyword searching
- Browse magazines through the library Zinio web portal
- Create your library Zinio account to check out magazines
- Check out magazines by clicking on the cover
- Create a free Zinio.com account to read magazines online
- Download the Zinio Reader app to download magazines to your computer or mobile device
Create your accounts
Using the library's free Zinio magazine subscription service requires two accounts: 1) a Library Zinio account to view the library's collection and 2) a free Zinio.com account to read magazines online or through the Zinio Reader app.
- Visit the library Zinio web portal and click the link to Create An Account.
- Follow the prompts to enter your Oak Park Public Library card number and information.
- Click the Create Account button to finish. You will receive a welcome email confirming your account.
- When you check out your first magazine in the library Zinio web portal, you will be automatically prompted to create and account or sign in.
- If you do not already have a Zinio.com account, enter your email address and password. You can use the same email and password as your Library Zinio account.
- If you already have a Zinio account, click Sign In Here. You will be able to see both magazines checked out from the library's collection and your personal paid subscriptions.
- In your Zinio.com account, your library magazine subscriptions will display in the Read tab.
- Apps are readers only, meaning you will need to return to the library's Zinio collection to browse or to check out additional magazines.
- The Zinio app is available for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Nook HD/HD+, Windows 8, and Blackberry Playbook.
- Older versions of the Nook, other than the HD or HD+, will not download the app.
- To download the app for Kindle Fire/Fire HD, you will need use these download instructions until the app is available in the Kindle app store.
I can't log in, what can I do?
- Has your library card expired? Renew your library card at any library location to access all of our online tools.
- Contact Zinio online support. They will respond to requests within 24-48 hours.
- Contact us. We are always happy to help!
What magazines are available?
- We currently subscribe to a total of 82 titles in the popular areas of lifestyle, parenting, business, sports, travel, and more. A complete list of the titles currently included in OPPL's subscription are included in the right-hand sidebar.
- Current issues and back issues as of September 1, 2013 are available.
- Email your subscription suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do I need two accounts?
- By having two accounts, you can view the magazines you checked out from the library alongside any magazines you purchased through Zinio.
How do I change my Zinio.com settings?
- Use the Account Settings area of your Zinio.com account to stop receiving unwanted sample magazines, emails from Zinio.com, or to block adult content.
- Edit your colleciton to remove magazines on your comptuer and/or mobile device.
- Connect to your Zinio.com account
- Click Read at the top of the browser page
- Click Edit Your Reading List near the top of the screen
- Use the dropdown arrows to select the title of the subscription you wish to cancel
- Click the red X button to remove the issue, then click done