2017 Annual Book Fair
Thank you to everyone who donates to, volunteers, and shops at the
Friends of the Oak Park Public Library's Annual Book Fair, held in the
south cafeteria at Oak Park and River Forest High School, 201 N. Scoville Ave., Oak Park.
- Friday, August 4, 6-10 pm. $5 adminssion fee, $5 per electronic device.
- Saturday, August 5, 9 am-5 pm. Free admission.
- Nonprofit & Educator Appreciation! Sunday, August 6, 12-2pm.
- Free admission and materials with valid nonprofit or educator ID, or 501c document.
Accepting donations at the high school beginning July 22
Due to the incredible generosity of our community, we have reached
storage capacity at the Main Library for the Friends of the Oak Park
Public Library Annual Book Fair. We can no longer accept any materials donations for this year's book fair at any library location.
Beginning Saturday, July 22 through Wednesday, August 2, please
drop off your donations at Oak Park and River Forest High School,
Scoville South Hall entrance. Any items dropped off at the high school
before July 22 will be discarded.
Volunteer sorters needed July 22-August 5
- Flexible times! Volunteer as little or as much as you'd like:
- Weekdays 1-4 pm and/or evenings 7-9:30 pm.
- Weekends 10 am-2 pm.
- Preview and purchase each day you volunteer.
- Get discounts: $1 hardbound, $0.50 paperbacks.
- Attend the Sunday, August 6 "Volunteer Appreciation."
- Get free books and materials: 10 am-noon.
- Get the good feeling you get from supporting your library and your community.
- Contact us today!
What's at the fair? What do proceeds support?
The fair typically offers more than 100,000 books in every conceivable category. With funds raised, the Friends continue a tradition that supports literacy, learning, and community connections. More about giving to the library >
Materials donations accepted
- Sellable books, movies, music.
- All donations are tax deductible.
- Not accepted: magazines, textbooks, and condensed texts (such as Reader's Digest)