Join genre X for monthly book discussions. Now on tour, genre X will be discussing books over food & drink at a variety of tasty locales through November 2014. Visit the genre X blog for upcoming titles & locations, and join us to discuss everything from Chuck Klosterman to Cormac McCarthy with library staff and engaged readers.
What events are coming up?
On Saturday, April 12, genre X partners to bring Curbside Splendor's Annual Pop-Up Book Fair to Oak Park. Meet independent publishers and authors at the daytime book fair, 11 am to 5 pm at the Hemingway Museum. RSVP to atend the book fair for free.
The party continues after-hours at the Main Library with Words + Music; an evening of author readings, live music and bookish camaraderie for book lovers 21+. Doors open at 6 pm for this free event with cash bar.
What is genre X?
Genre X, a 20s and 30s book discussion, launched in 2007. In addition to offsite book discussions over drinks, genre X also hosts quarterly after-hours events with a hint of kitsch like a spelling bee for grownups and hi/lo-tech gaming nights in addition to social programs including LGBTQ-friendly speed dating and Movieoke.
What is genre X reading?
How can I learn more?
Email us at email@example.com and download our resources:
- Big List of Books and Media: Whether you're developing a display, starting a collection, or just brushing up on readers adivsory, our Big List of Books and Media can help you identify books, movies, and television with particular appeal for adults in their 20s and 30s.
ALA Conference Handouts
- Late Nights at the Library presented by Jennifer Czajka and Rebecca Malinowski
- GenLit and Genre X presented by Jennifer Asimakopoulos, Jennifer Czajka, and Rebecca Malinowski
- Handout: Speed Dating Notes
- Handout: Marketing After Hours Events
- Handout: Public Event Evaluation Form
- Handout: Staff Event Evaluation Form