Take a Technology Class
About our free technology classes
- To register online for a class, click the event (at right), then scroll down and click the gold "REGISTER" button to complete the form
- You can also register in person at any library location or by calling 708.452.3480
- Walk-ins welcome, as space permits
- Most classes are hands on. Bring your device, or use one of ours
- All classes are held at the Main Library. To see what's coming up, view our events calendar, sorted by "computer class"
Introduction to Computers and Technology. Get acquainted with computers and the Windows operating system. Learn to manage multiple windows, create and save documents, and navigate folders.
Word for Beginners. Learn to use the Word 2007 word processing program to type a letter, resume, fax, or list.
Excel for Beginners. Learn the basics of the popular spreadsheet program to help you organize your life or as a new job skill.
Introduction to the Internet. Start exploring the Internet and learn how to use a search engine to find new, information, and directions. Also learn which websites librarians use the most.
Intermediate Word. Move beyond the basics. Learn to create tables, merge letters and lists, and become more comfortable with this word processing program.
Facebook. Learn how to use this popular social networking service and get started with your own account.
Genealogy Online. Explore the best free sites and database available for genealogical research.
Job Searching Online. Learn to use the Internet to find and apply for jobs. Topics include features of major job searching sites as well as formatting choices and tools for resumes.
LinkedIn 101. Learn to set up your account on this social networking site for connecting with other professionals in your industry.
Twitter 101. Learn the ins and outs of this popular social networking service and get started with your own account.