The 45th Annual Book Fair will be held from 6 pm to 10 pm on Friday, Aug. 7, and from 9 am to 5 pm on Saturday, Aug. 8, in the south cafeteria at Oak Park and River Forest High School, 201 N. Scoville Ave., Oak Park.
The fair typically offers more than 100,000 books in every conceivable category. Many materials sold at the fair are donated by the general public. With funds raised, the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library continue a tradition that supports programming such as summer reading for kids, the Annual Barbara Ballinger Lecture, and spring and fall Folk Music Concert Series.
Donate for the fair
- Material donations in sellable condition are accepted year-round at the Main Library.
- The Friends cannot accept textbooks and condensed texts (such the Reader's Digest).
- From July 27 through August 5, donations can be dropped off anytime at the high school's main entrance.
Volunteer to support the book fair
- Before the sale, volunteers help sort materials, which happens at the high school.
- Sorting starts July 26
- No need to sign up in advance to volunteer; just show up during sorting hours
- Sorting hours: 1-4 pm and 7-9 pm Monday through Friday; 10 am-2 pm on Saturday and Sunday
- During the sale, volunteers help at the counters (people who bill customers) and as cashiers. Others are in charge of restocking and moving materials.
- Have a question? Email the Friends at email@example.com.