The Friends of the Oak Park Public Library's 45th Annual Book Fair will be held from 6 pm to 10 pm on Friday, Aug. 7, and from 9 am to 5 pm on Saturday, Aug. 8, in the south cafeteria at Oak Park and River Forest High School, 201 N. Scoville Ave., Oak Park. There is a $5 admission charge on Friday. Admission is free on Saturday.
The fair typically offers more than 100,000 books in every conceivable category. Many materials sold at the fair are donated by the general public. With funds raised, the Friends continue a tradition that supports programming such as summer reading for kids, the Annual Barbara Ballinger Lecture, and spring and fall Folk Music Concert Series.
Donate sellable books, movies, music
- After Wednesday, July 22, donations cannot be accepted at the library for this year's fair.
- From Monday, July 27, through Wednesday, Aug. 5, donations can be dropped off anytime, only at the high school's main entrance.
- The Friends cannot accept textbooks and condensed texts (such as Reader's Digest).
Volunteer before, during, and after the fair
- Before the sale, volunteers help sort materials, which happens at the high school.
- Sorting starts Sunday, July 26.
- No need to sign up in advance; just show up.
- Sorting hours: 10 am-2 pm Saturday and Sunday; 1-4 pm and 7-9 pm Monday-Friday.
- During the sale, volunteers help at the counters (people who bill customers) and as cashiers. Others are in charge of restocking and moving materials.
- Have a question? Email the Friends at email@example.com.