Pictured above is some of the artistic feedback collected this summer while our librarians were out in the community on the Paperback Rider, Oak Park's Book Bike.
What kind of community do you want to live in?
Common themes and aspirations for Oak Park, ones you have shared with us through multiple Harwood Community Conversations conducted since 2014, are:
- Literacy, Education
- Diversity, Inclusion, Equity
- Health, Safety, Affordability
A picture worth thousands of your words...
You added your detailed responses to the question "what kind of community do you want?" to the walls of the Main Library Idea Box throughout February 2015. Here are those 400-plus replies, distilled with Wordle.net into a single image:
Please keep sharing
We want to keep the conversation going! As your public library, we value collaboration, compassion, gathering, and participation. Please keep talking, and telling us:
- What kind of community do you want to live in?
- Why is that important to you?
- How is that different than what you see now?
- What are some of the things that need to happen to create the kind of community you want?
To share, join and/or host a Community Conversation, contact Executive Director David Seleb at email@example.com.