The 2016 Friends' Annual Book Fair is Friday, July 29 and Saturday, July 30. More>
The Friends, as a separate 501c3 nonprofit organization, raise funds for the Oak Park Public Library. Annual tax-deductible memberships are available at multiple levels. Choose the membership level that's right for you. And to stay connected, be sure to like the Friends on Facebook.
What do they do?
The Friends volunteer their time and talents to make our community a better place. Since 1948, this dedicated group has built valuable bridges between our library and our community.
When do they meet?
Typically the Friends Board of Trustees meets on the fourth Mondays of each month at 7:30 pm in the Main Library Scoville Room. In 2016, meeting dates are:
- August 22
- October 17
- November 21
How does my membership support literacy and learning?
Your annual Friends membership helps Oak Parkers in multiple ways. Funds raised support library programming such as kids' summer reading. Memberships also bring free, engaging events to town, including:
- The Annual Book Fair, scheduled in 2016 for Friday, July 29 and Saturday, July 30.
- The Barbara Ballinger Lecture, typically held every October, features an accomplished author to recognize the former head librarian's many years of dedicated service to the library and the Oak Park community.
- Folk Music Concert Series, typically held each spring and fall, featuring talented musicians at free public performances.
Contact the Friends
- Like: Friends on Facebook
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 708.445.6260
- Write: Friends of the Oak Park Public Library, P.O. Box 3655, Oak Park, Illinois 60303-3655
Friends Officers of the Board
- Terry Vanderwell, President
- Paul Koko, Vice President
- Denise Roser, Treasurer
- Doris Adamczewski, Secretary
Join the Friends
Annual tax deductible memberships are available at multiple levels. Choose the membership level that’s best for you.
- Patron Members ($25-$49): Receive an early/free admission to the Annual Book Fair at any membership level.
- Donor Members ($50-$99): Be listed in the library’s annual report, and the benefit listed above.
- Benefactor Members ($100-$499): Receive priority seating at Friends events, and all benefits listed above.
- Sustaining Members ($500-$999): Be named on a bookplate in a library volume, and all benefits listed above.
- Scoville Circle Members ($1,000+): Be recognized on a library plaque, enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Main Library, and all benefits listed above.