The Friends, as a separate 501c3 nonprofit organization, raise funds for the Oak Park Public Library. Annual tax-deductible memberships are available at multiple levels. To stay connected, be sure to like the Friends on Facebook.
Friend your library, anytime
Since 1948, this dedicated group has built valuable bridges between the Oak Park Public Library and our community. Support their work by choosing the annual, tax-deductible membership level that’s best for you. Also, be sure to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to give in someone else's honor, or if you work for a company that participates in employee matching gifts (also known as matching funds).
- Patron Members ($25-$49): Receive an early/free admission to the Annual Book Fair at any membership level.
- Donor Members ($50-$99): Be listed in the library’s annual report, and the benefit listed above.
- Benefactor Members ($100-$499): Receive priority seating at Friends events, and all benefits listed above.
- Sustaining Members ($500-$999): Be named on a bookplate in a library volume, and all benefits listed above.
- Scoville Circle Members ($1,000+): Be recognized on a library plaque, enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Main Library, and all benefits listed above.
How does my annual membership support literacy and learning in Oak Park?
Your annual Friends membership helps Oak Parkers in multiple ways. Funds raised support a love of reading through targeted programs. Memberships also connect community, bringing free, engaging events for all ages to Oak Park, including:
- The Annual Book Fair, typically scheduled for a summer weekend during the end of July or the beginning of August.
- The Barbara Ballinger Lecture, typically held every October, features an accomplished author to recognize the former head librarian's many years of dedicated service to the library and the Oak Park community.
- Folk Music Concert Series, typically held each spring and fall, featuring talented musicians at free public performances.
When does the Friends Board meet?
Typically the Friends Board of Trustees meets on the fourth Mondays of each month at 7:30 pm in the Main Library Scoville Room.
2017 Board Meetings
- January 23 Agenda | Minutes
- March 20 Annual Meeting Agenda | Minutes
- May 15 Agenda | Minutes
- June 19 Agenda | Minutes
- August 21 Agenda | Minutes
- September 13 Agenda | Minutes Post-Book Fair Potluck Dinner
- October 16 Agenda | Minutes
- November 20 Agenda | Minutes
2018 Board Meetings
- January 22
- March 19 - Annual Meeting
- May 14
- June 18
- June 27 - Pre-Book Fair Thank You Pizza Party
- August 20
- September 12 - Post-Book Fair Potluck Dinner
- October 15
- November 26
Friends Board Members
- Terry Vanderwell, President
- Paul Koko, Vice President
- Denise Roser, Treasurer
- Doris Adamczewski, Secretary
- Janet Kelenson
Mary Anne Mohanraj