About working here
We are engagers: turning and focusing outward toward our community. We are learners: listening to what our community tells us and acting purposefully to achieve our objectives. We are stewards: defending our shared values, using vital resources responsibly, and working collaboratively with our partners to prepare for the future. Learn more about the library's mission and vision and meet our staff.
Do you love serving the community? Are you a fast learner with a solid working knowledge of PCs and Windows software?
If so, the Oak Park Public Library is looking for you! We need a qualified part-time Technology Assistant to assist people with our public computers at the third floor Technology Center and Computer Classroom. The Tech Aides will provide assistance with logging onto our PC time-management systems, using our print management systems, navigating the operating system and productivity software, accessing and navigating the Internet and other applications. Basic monitoring of equipment & also supplies such as paper and toner, and cleaning, organizing, general upkeep of equipment are also core duties.
This is a 15 hour/week position at $14.50/hour with flexible schedule that may include weekend and evening hours.
● Support the library’s online presence and technology services efforts to meet the needs of the public and uphold the library’s mission, goals, and objectives.
● Responsible for basic upkeep of existing computer equipment and peripherals.
● Assist with some degree of equipment maintenance and deployment.
● Monitor all consumable levels and equipment conditions, addressing identified problems or referring to Digital Services staff.
● Provide assistance with technology training for internal users and the public.
● Develop organizational and technical skills as needed.
Required skills and experience:
● Proven ability with and knowledge of personal computers, operating systems, software, and networking.
● Working & current knowledge of PCs, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, Internet Explorer, Firefox & Chrome browsers.
● Previous experience providing direct customer service.
● Proven ability to teach and convey information.
● Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills.
● Ability to work with limited supervision.
● Understands, embraces, and actively supports the vision, mission and goals of the Oak Park Public Library.
● Library experience preferred. Desire to work within a public library preferred.
● Possesses patience, tolerance, and the ability to successfully interact with all skill levels and personalities.
● Open to diverse people with wide range of goals and interests, and committed to fostering an environment of lifelong learning and enjoyment.
● Remains calm while clarifying errors or problems, considering all points of view.
● Applies tact and good judgment to every situation.
● Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in scheduling and duties.
● Demonstrates a commitment to public service.
● Finds creative approaches to providing or improving services.
● Maintains customer confidence and trust.
● Effectively uses technology and tools within the library.
● The Oak Park Public Library is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage diverse candidates to apply.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Sedra Taylor not later than August 12, 2016.