About working here
We are engagers: turning and focusing outward toward our community. We are learners: listening to what our community tells us and acting purposefully to achieve our objectives. We are stewards: defending our shared values, using vital resources responsibly, and working collaboratively with our partners to prepare for the future. Learn more about the library's mission and vision, meet our staff and follow us on Linked In.
Multicultural Learning Librarian
Are you passionate about multiculturalism, diversity, equity, and inclusion? The Oak Park Public Library is looking for a collaborative, flexible, and innovative candidate for the position of Multicultural Learning Librarian. This position will support multicultural education and embrace diversity and inclusion. This position will work primarily at the Dole Branch and have up to 50% of work time performed at library partner institutions in the community.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
● Curates the culturally diverse Multicultural Collection, including physical, digital, and multimedia resources.
● Serves as a school liaison for multicultural education. Works with local schools and other community partners to promote the use of the Multicultural Collection.
● Promotes awareness of the positive value of cultural diversity and fostering cultural dialogue.
● Collaborates with Children's Services to develop services and programs that support multicultural learning and sharing cultures.
● Collaborates with Special Collections to support the preservation of the community’s cultural heritage.
● Partners with Staff Learning Coordinator to develop and provide diversity training to increase staff cultural competencies.
● Master's degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited school
● Have a deep understanding of diversity and multiculturalism, and be dedicated to serving a diverse community
● Ability to work well both independently and as a collaborative team player
● Ability to serve and collaborate with teachers and learners of all ages
● Adaptability and willingness to accept shift in responsibilities due to the nature of a changing workplace
● Understanding of measurements and outcomes to measure collection, service, and program effectiveness
● Able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
● Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week. Salary range begins at $47,507 with excellent benefits. The Library supports ongoing training and professional development.
The Oak Park Public Library is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage a diversity of candidates to apply.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Lori Pulliam, Library Experiences and Initiatives Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Friday, December 30.