About working here
We are engagers: turning and focusing outward toward our community. We are learners: listening to what our community tells us and acting purposefully to achieve our objectives. We are stewards: defending our shared values, using vital resources responsibly, and working collaboratively with our partners to prepare for the future. Learn more about us and meet our staff.
Part time –15 hours per week (2 positions)
Are you positive, dynamic, creative, and community focused? We are looking for exceptionally friendly and approachable people to join our staff as Library Assistants in our Branch Services and Customer Services Department.
You will love this job if:
- You are always looking for opportunities to make people feel welcome; at the library you would help customers check out material, register them for a library card, help them with a fee, or assist them with copying and faxing.
- You are fun and very kid-friendly. You understand how to make people of all ages feel important and cared for at the library and would go out of your way to make sure everyone leaves with a smile on their face.
- You take pride in your surroundings; you would make sure we are clean and tidy and our displays are refreshed and looking beautiful.
- You see the big picture, you understand when to jump in and help.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
- You are an explorer; you would be out on the floor with the library customers helping them with all of their needs.
- You know your way around technology; you would need to have the ability to explain basic computer skills and new media to users.
- You are an avid reader, viewer and/or listener and love sharing your favorites.
- You have an optimistic attitude - we believe that anything is possible.
This job requires a high school diploma. Some college is preferred. Two years experience working in a library, retail, and/or hospitality setting is strongly preferred. Experience working with children is preferred. Evening and weekend availability is required. Shifts average 4 to 5 hours, and can be on any service desk at any of our three locations. Salary begins at $12.17 per hour.
Please send a completed resume with cover letter to: Andy Leinbach, Branch Services and Customer Services Assistant Manager at email@example.com no later than Monday, August 10, 2015.
Oak Park Public Library is looking for an innovative, forward thinking, and technology savvy candidate for a Collections Librarian position.
The main responsibilities include selection and deselection of library materials in all physical and digital formats, investigating and implementing innovative practices for collection development, managing vendors’ accounts and services, monitoring materials budget, staying current with trends in publishing, reading, viewing, and listening; and collaborating with staff and community to successfully develop and promote library collections. This position also provides direct customer service at all service points and participates in community engagement activities.
The successful candidate needs to have a MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution plus at least two years of library experience including experience in collection development and direct public service. Other essential qualifications for this position include strong service orientation with excellent organization, communication and training skills; strong technology skills including online tools, media devices, and Integrated Library System; demonstrated knowledge of statistics and data analysis; and commitment to provide responsive and innovative services to a diverse community.
This is a full time, 40 hour per week position with a salary range that begins at $41,558.40 annually and excellent benefits.
To apply, send cover letter and resume via e-mail to the attention of Elizabeth Marszalik, Manager Materials Services at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than July 24, 2015.