Jump to navigation
Authors & Book Groups
Engage with your neighbors
Library-led book groups
- Books and Brews is an opportunity for anyone age 21+ to meet new friends, discuss new books outside of the library. Meets on the second Tuesday of the month, off-site at Beer Shop (1026 North Blvd., Oak Park, IL 60302), 7 pm.
- Brown Bag is a lunchtime mystery lover's book group. Pack your own lunch and join us to discuss these suspenseful stories. Meets on the third Tuesday of the month, Dole Branch, 12 pm.
- Detection by Daylight is devoted to reading and discussing detective mysteries in series and non-series form. Bring your lunch (if you like), enjoy cookies and coffee on us, and engage in great discussions. Meets on the first Tuesday of the month, Maze Branch, 12 pm.
- Lives They Lived helps readers gain insight into the world of extraordinary individuals, and perhaps our own existence and the human condition at large. Meets on the third Tuesday of every other month, Maze Branch, 7 pm.
- More Than a Month strives to enrich understanding of a complex, historical legacy and to widen knowledge about the scope of black history.
- New Moms Book Club is a quarterly book group especially for new parents. Ditch the "mom guilt" and join other adults to keep exploring and discussing your interests. Meets quarterly.
- Read & Reflect shares a thoughtful selection of nonfiction titles ripe for meaningful discussion. Meets on the third Friday of the month, Dole Branch, 12 pm.
- Words on Wednesday inspires stimulating conversation about fiction and nonfiction titles. Meets on the third Wednesday of the month, Main Library, 1 pm.