What I do at the library: You will normally find me helping people at either the second-floor service desk or the children's service desk at the Main Library, or anywhere at our Dole and Maze branches.
How I turn outward: My prerogative at the Oak Park Public Library is to assist our patrons with library material. I am here to locate items and tackle any questions that come up.
My favorite "hidden library gem": The second-floor graphic novel sections! I have never seen such an eclectic variety of comics and manga at any other library! Top-notch.
Something I love about Oak Park: I am forever in debt to Sugar Fixé and Buzz Café. Their endless supply of caffeine has kept me energized and on point to assist people and accomplish my day-to-day goals.
What I’m reading:
- Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Cool Sewing for Kids by Alex Kuskowski
What I'm listening to:
- The album Hot Dreams by Timber Timbre
- The self-titled debut album by Alvvays
- Harry Belafonte
- An awesome Playaway of Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery (the sequel to Anne of Green Gables)
What I'm watching:
- All seven The Fast and the Furious movies
- Jonathan Demme's The Silence of the Lambs
- Malcolm in the Middle (a phenomenal and ageless TV series, I might add)
- Robert Egger's The Witch
- Brian De Palma's The Fury
- The Spanish soap opera The Time in Between, available on Netflix and based on the book by Maria Duenas
(March 11, 2016)