May the Fourth be with you
- On Thursday, May 4, from 6:30-9 pm, celebrate all things Star Wars with crafts, activities, and videos in the Main Library Storytime Room.
- And be sure to check out Star Wars comics on hoopla > 
More learning with your library
- Get great early literacy tips  sent straight to your phone.
- Review our kindergarten readiness resources  including these useful apps .
New title recommendations
- Subscribe to receive recommendations on new kids' books, picture books, tween titles, graphic novels, and more. Sign up now > 
- 1 of 3
- next › 
Ever wanted to learn how to weave, or learn French, or practice writing your first novel? Maybe you want to learn about the stars or practice your own computer programming with Raspberry Pi? Fifty different Discovery Kits  offer activities in art and music, language arts, life science, math and engineering, physical science, and technology. Find them and place holds by searching the catalog with "Discovery Kits".
Have you and your child listened to a story as a Playaway audiobook? These all-in-one players come preloaded with kids' digital books in high-definition sound—you just supply the headphones and a AAA battery. Playaway audiobooks are easy to use and offer educational benefits including increased reading comprehension, retention, vocabulary skills, phonemic awareness, and fluency.
Tours, storytimes and group visits may be scheduled for school classes, scout groups, daycares, and parent groups. To schedule a visit, please call 708.452.3420 at least two weeks in advance.
Homework Help 
Reserve the Homework Hub and use our online research tools
Borrowing & Cards 
Any Oak Park resident of any age can get a library card! Applying for a baby, toddler, preschooler, child, tween or teen? Visit the library together.
The Children's Room has computers and iPads loaded with super special games and apps just for kids!