Log in for anywhere, anytime access
- Access our catalog directly at https://catalog.swanlibraries.
- If you bookmarked any catalog pages before April 14, 2015, those bookmarks will need to be updated.
- Click “My Account” in the upper right corner to view your checkouts and holds, pay fines, and more.
- Within your account page you may also view your personal information, change your PIN, and set your preferences.
- Need help determining your PIN?
Change your PIN
Once you have logged in to your account, you may change your PIN if you desire. Here's how:
- Click on the “Personal Information” tab.
- Click “Change PIN.”
- Enter your current PIN (the last four digits of your primary phone number).
- Enter your desired new PIN.
- Confirm your new PIN by entering it again.
- Click “Update.”
Your new PIN should now be saved. Questions? Please ask us in person at any library location, call us at 708.383.8200 (press option 3), and contact us now .
Set your preferences
With the new catalog comes new opportunities for setting personal preferences in the “Preferences” section of your account page. These include:
- “Default Language” lets you select which language you want the system to use.
- “Default My Account Tab” lets you select which tab opens when you access your account.
- “Default Checkouts View” lets you choose to view your digital checkouts or library (physical) checkouts when you first open the "Checkouts" tab.
- “Show my checkout history” and “Record my checkout history” enable the system to keep track of materials you borrow.
Search the catalog
Search once to find physical and digital materials.
- Type your search term in the search box at the top of the page and click “Search.”
- Browsable results will appear in the middle of the page.
- Look to the left for ways to fine-tune your results by format, author, language, and more.
- Create more specific searches with the two drop-down boxes in the search bar.
- The first drop-down allows you to limit results to only physical materials, only digital materials, or only materials owned at your home library.
- The second drop-down allows you to search by title, author, subject, and more.
- Results can be sorted by relevance, title, author, or more with the drop-down at the upper right.
- Watch this SWAN video to see some new catalog highlights.
Renew an item
Once you have logged in to your account, you may renew some items. Here's how:
- Click the check box to the left of the item you’d like to renew.
- Click the “Renew” button.
- Confirm that you wish to renew the selected item.
Place a hold
- After finding an item, click “Place Hold.”
- If you are not logged in, you will be asked to enter your card number and PIN.
- The item will appear on your account page under the “Holds” tab.
Check out a digital item
- After logging in and finding an item, select either the "Download" button (for available-now content) or the "Place Hold" button (for items that are checked out).
- Follow the prompts to select the format you need (when multiple options are available).
- Not sure what option you need? Review a list of digital formats  available through the catalog.
See what you've checked out
- The “Checkouts” tab has three sections: "Library Checkouts," "Digital Checkouts," and "Checkout History."
- If you have any overdue items, an alert icon will appear in this tab.
- The "Library Checkouts" tab shows physical items that you currently have checked out.
- The "Digital Checkouts" tab shows ebooks and other digital materials that you currently have checked out.
- If you have chosen to keep a record of your checkout history, you can view it under the "Checkout History" section.