The Friends of the Oak Park Public Library's Annual Book Fair is scheduled for Friday, July 29, and Saturday, July 30, 2016, in the south cafeteria at Oak Park and River Forest High School , 201 N. Scoville Ave., Oak Park.
- Friday (6-10 pm): $5 per person + $5 per electronic device
- Saturday (9-5 pm): free
What's there, where the money raised goes
The fair typically offers more than 100,000 books in every conceivable category. With funds raised, the Friends  continue a tradition that supports literacy, learning and community connections.
Fair set-up and sorting volunteers are welcome at the high school on:
- July 23, 24: 10 am-2 pm, sorting.
- July 18-22 and 25-28: 1-4 pm and 7-9:30 pm, sorting.
- July 29: 1-4 pm, sorting.
To make the fair a success, volunteers also are needed during and after the fair. To share your time and talents, contact Annette Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org  or 708.445.6260.
Donate at the high school July 18-25
- No donations will be accepted at the high school before July 18 and after July 25.
Donate at the Main Library year-round
- Materials are accepted anytime of the year only at the Main Library (but please bring materials directly to the high school July 18-25).
- During open hours, bring your materials to any service desk. You can also call ahead to have us meet you outside or in the parking garage to help you bring in your materials.
- All donations are tax deductible.
- Accepted: sellable books, movies, and music.
- Not accepted: magazines, textbooks, and condensed texts (such as Reader's Digest).
Watch some previous book fair fun (video)