The 44th Annual Book Fair will be on Friday, Aug. 1, and Saturday, Aug. 2, in the south cafeteria at Oak Park and River Forest High School , 201 N. Scoville Ave., Oak Park.
- Friday hours are 6 to 10 pm, with an admission cost of $5 per person, and $5 per electronic device. Friday admission is free to current Friends members. Become a member now. 
- Saturday hours are 9 am to 5 pm, and admission is free to everyone.
The fair typically offers more than 100,000 books in every conceivable category. Many materials sold at the fair are donated by the general public. With funds raised, the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library  continue a tradition that supports programming such as Fizz, Boom Read , our summer reading program for kids ages birth through grade 6, as well as the Barbara Ballinger Lecture  and Folk Music Concert Series. 
Donate for the 2014 fair
- Material donations in sellable condition will be accepted at the Scoville entrance of the high school from July 18 through July 28
- Items can be dropped off at any time of the year at the Main Library
- The Friends cannot accept textbooks and condensed texts (such the Reader's Digest)
Volunteer to support the book fair
- Before the sale, volunteers help sort materials, which happens at the high school from July 18 through July 28
- Volunteers are welcome to just show up, training is easy. Sorting hours will be weekdays from 1-4 pm and 7-9 pm, and weekends from 10 am to 2 pm
- During the sale, volunteers help at the counters (people who bill customers) and as cashiers. Others are in charge of restocking and moving materials
- Have a question? Email the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org