The Friends of the Oak Park Public Library's Annual Book Fair is scheduled for Friday, July 29, and Saturday, July 30, 2016, in the south cafeteria at Oak Park and River Forest High School , 201 N. Scoville Ave., Oak Park.
Friday $5 admission, Saturday free
- Friday (6-10 pm): $5 per person + $5 per electronic device (for scanning books and sharing details on what they might be worth)
- Saturday (9-5 pm): free
Nonprofit Sunday (noon-2 pm)
- All area teachers and educators--from nonprofit daycare providers to college professors--and individuals who work at area nonprofit agencies are welcome to take any remaining books (as many as you like) from the high school for no charge from noon-2 pm Sunday, July 31. For entry, bring proof of your agency's nonprofit status, such as a letter or work ID.
What's there, where the money raised goes
The fair typically offers more than 100,000 books in every conceivable category. With funds raised, the Friends  continue a tradition that supports literacy, learning and community connections.
Donation period for this year's fair is completed
- No donations will be accepted after July 25.
- For next year, materials are accepted anytime of the year only at the Main Library.
- During open hours, bring your materials to any service desk. You can also call ahead to have us meet you outside or in the parking garage to help you bring in your materials.
- All donations are tax deductible.
- Accepted: sellable books, movies, and music.
- Not accepted: magazines, textbooks, and condensed texts (such as Reader's Digest).