Thank you to everyone who volunteered, donated, and shopped at the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library's Annual Book Fair held Friday, July 29, and Saturday, July 30, 2016, in the south cafeteria at Oak Park and River Forest High School , 201 N. Scoville Ave., Oak Park.
No donations of materials until January 2017
Ample work space is needed to incorporate the Multicultural Collection into the library. To make the most of its space, the library is suspending donations of materials (sellable books, movies, and music) until January 2017. Learn more about giving to the library  and the addition of the Multicultural Collection .
What's there, where the money raised goes
The fair typically offers more than 100,000 books in every conceivable category. With funds raised, the Friends  continue a tradition that supports literacy, learning and community connections.
Donation period for this year's fair is completed
- The library is suspending donations of materials until January 2017.
- Starting in January 2017, materials are accepted anytime of the year only at the Main Library.
- During open hours, bring your materials to any service desk. You can also call ahead to have us meet you outside or in the parking garage to help you bring in your materials.
- All donations are tax deductible.
- Accepted: sellable books, movies, and music.
- Not accepted: magazines, textbooks, and condensed texts (such as Reader's Digest).