The 43rd Annual Book Fair is scheduled for Friday, Aug. 2, and Saturday, Aug. 3, in the south cafeteria at Oak Park and River Forest High School .
- The fair will be open 6 to 10 pm Friday and 9 am to 5 pm Saturday
- Friday night admission is $5 (and $5 per electronic device). Saturday admission is free
In 2012, the 42nd Annual Book Fair offered more than 100,000 books in every conceivable category. With funds raised, the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library  continued their 60-plus-year tradition of helping the library benefit and engage all of Oak Park.
Each year before the sale, volunteers help sort many generously donated items
- July 15 through August 1, volunteers are welcome to drop in at the high school cafeteria from 1-4 pm and 7-9 pm Monday through Friday to help sort materials
- During the sale, volunteers help at the counters (people who bill customers) and as cashiers. Others are in charge of restocking and moving materials
- Once the sale is over, more help is needed to clear the high school cafeteria
Give Materials for the Annual Book Fair
- Books, records, videos, audiotapes, and other materials must be in sellable condition
- July 15 through August 1, donations can be dropped off directly at the Oak Park and River Forest High School (Scoville entrance)
- Items also can be dropped off at any time during the year at Main Library
- Unfortunately, Friends cannot accept textbooks and condensed texts (such the Reader's Digest), as these items are not resold