What is a NOOK?
- A Barnes & Noble NOOK is an easy-to-use ereader
- With a NOOK, you can dive right into popular ebooks, hand-picked and preloaded onto the devices  by our library staff
How many NOOKS does the library offer?
- We have 33 NOOK Simple Touch devices and 17 NOOK Color devices
When can I check out a NOOK?
- Place a hold now, the same way you do for any library item, either online  or in person, call us at 708-383-8200, or ask at a service desk
What do I need to check out a NOOK?
- You need an Oak Park Public Library Card
- If you’re not an Oak Park resident, we may be able to help you place a hold for a NOOK at your home library. Many SWAN libraries  offer NOOKs
When I check out a NOOK, what else comes with it?
In each NOOK bag, there are 4 things:
- The NOOK
- A case
- A power cord and adapter
- An instruction card
How long can I keep a NOOK?
- The NOOK loan period is 3 weeks
How and where can I return a NOOK?
- This is the big difference between NOOKS and books: you must return your NOOK to a staff member at the very same service desk in the same library you checked it out from
- Never use a book return, since any damage will be charged to your library account
Can I see if a specific title is available on a NOOK?
Yes. All NOOK titles are listed in SWAN . Search for the title, and it will be listed with other copies such as print, audiobooks, and ebooks.
I can’t find the book I want on a NOOK. What can I do?
- Our pre-loaded content will grow over time, but you can also make a request 
How much does it cost if I return a NOOK late?
- Overdue fines are $1 a day
What if I damage or lose something that came with the NOOK when I checked it out?
You will need to replace the lost part at full cost. Replacement pricing includes:
- NOOK Simple Touch - $99
- Simple Touch case - $20
- Simple Touch adapter- $10
- NOOK Color - $169
- Color case - $25
What else do I need to know?
- Have one device at a time
- Keep it up to three weeks (one load period)
- Renew it up to two times
- Download new content
- Add your own content
- Connect to Wi-Fi, so no Facebook, Twitter, web access
If you have more questions, email us.