Thanks to everyone who joined in our community Anniversary Celebration on Saturday, Oct. 5, as we celebrated two major milestones: 10 years in the current Main Library building and 110 years as a public library in Oak Park. Learn more about our public library history  and award-winning Main Library building .
Daytime family fun at all locations
- Outdoor children’s activities in neighboring Scoville Park, included live performances by story-performer Chris Fascione , musician and author Jim Gill  and a picnic in the park with Caldecott award-winning artist Eric Rohmann .
- Family-friendly fun at Dole Branch  and Maze Branch , included the magic of Gary Kantor  and Lizards, Frogs, Turtles and More. 
After-hours party and performances at the Main Library
- The Boogers  (rock and roll for kids)
- R-Gang  (R&B, funk & soul from the Motown era into the 21st Century)
- An in-the-library Instagram  scavenger hunt
- Complimentary appetizers, sweets and a cash bar for beer and wine
All throughout October, even more ways to celebrate
- Two free concerts (folk music of Cindy Mangsen & Steve Gillette  and the swinging sounds of the Latin Suenos Jazz Quartet ) and author lectures with Stephen Kinzer  and Simon Winchester. 
- Love Your Library, Show Your Card gives you special offers at local participating businesses -- just by showing your library card. New this year is the opportunity to earn small tokens of love from us, and have unique experiences through a new library loyalty program. Learn more about Love Your Library, Show Your Card .
- Literary Explorations, a month-long community art show at all library locations will showcase artistic work inspired by literature. Art can be serious or playful, come from a cherished author, specific title, literary character or another subject related to the theme. Learn more about art in the library .
- "5+5=10," a new Main Library Idea Box installation encouraging visitors to say five words about the library of their child hood, and five words of the library of the future. Learn more about Idea Box. 
- Show your library love with a limited edition "Read More" t-shirt. Only $10 while supplies last. Learn more about anniversary shirts.