Oak Park talks, we listen
Common themes and aspirations for Oak Park, ones you have revealed during library-led Community Conversations conducted since 2014, include the following:
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Participation
- Education and Learning
- Health, Safety, Livability
For more context and details around these themes, read Executive Director David Seleb's First Impressions  report.
A picture worth thousands of your words...
You added your detailed responses to the question "what kind of community do you want?" to the walls of the Main Library Idea Box  throughout February 2015. Here are those 400-plus replies, distilled with Wordle.net  into a single image:
Please keep talking
We sincerely thank you for sharing your aspirations with us, and we want to keep the conversation going! Since we value collaboration, compassion, gathering, and participation, please keep talking, and telling us:
- What kind of community do you want to live in?
- Why is that important to you?
- How is that different from how you see things now?
- What are some of the things that need to happen to create that kind of change?
To share, join and/or host a Community Conversation, contact Executive Director David Seleb at email@example.com .