What are your aspirations, Oak Park?
Common themes and aspirations for Oak Park, ones you have revealed during library-led Community Conversations conducted since 2014, include the following:
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Participation
- Education and Learning
- Health, Safety, Livability
For more context and details around these themes, read Executive Director David Seleb's First Impressions  report.
A picture worth thousands of your words...
You added your detailed responses to the question "what kind of community do you want?" to the walls of the Main Library Idea Box  throughout February 2015. Here are those 400-plus replies, distilled with Wordle.net  into a single image:
Please keep sharing
In 2016, we want to keep the conversation going! As your public library, we value collaboration, compassion, gathering, and participation. Please keep talking, and telling us:
- What kind of community do you want to live in?
- Why is that important to you?
- How is that different than what you see now?
- What are some of the things that need to happen to create the kind of community you want?
To share, join and/or host a Community Conversation, contact Executive Director David Seleb at email@example.com .