Know an Oak Parker without a library card? Encourage them to get one today! Any Oak Park resident of any age can get a free Oak Park Public Library card and online account.
Get your library card and online account
- Apply in person. Bring your driver's license or state ID, and proof of Oak Park residency, such as a utility bill or recently postmarked mail, to any library location .
- Get your child a card. Visit the library together. Parents/guardians need to sign the application for anyone under 18 and show proof of Oak Park residency.
- Get your Oak Park-based business and nonprofit organization a card. Show a lease or a tax bill, plus a photo ID and contact information for the person responsible for any fines or lost materials.
- I'm not an Oak Park resident. Can I get a card? Purchase a card for an annual fee of $453.04 and receive full benefits.
Access your library anytime, from anywhere
- Visit oppl.org, then click the "My Account" button at the top right.
- To log in, enter your library card number (the 14-digit number under the card's bar code) and your PIN (usually the last four digits of the phone number on your account).
- Put your library card on your smartphone with CardStar and get more library apps .
- Learn more about using the catalog and returns, limits, and fines .
More about your card and account
- To check out materials and to use checkout stations, public computers, and printers, you need your library card number and PIN.
- Oak Park Public Library cards may be used at most libraries in Illinois (if the library is a statewide reciprocal borrower). If visiting a library outside the SWAN consortium , bring your ID and your Oak Park Public Library card. Many libraries require cards to be free of fines before registering a new user.
- Anyone who has a valid Chicago Public Library card or other Illinois library card may use Oak Park Public Library resources. Registration may be required on your first visit.
- All cards issued since March 20, 2012, have no expiration date. Cards issued before March 20, 2012, should be renewed (in person with a photo ID) one last time when the card expires.
- Please report a lost card immediately. We will mark it as lost, which protects you if it is misused. You may get a replacement card for $1.