When you rent a room you are agreeing to our Meeting Room Policy , and Payment and Use Procedures . Most of these points are basic rental acknowledgements, but there are points unique to the Library:
- You must be 18 years or older and have your own valid Oak Park Public Library Card.
- You must be present for the entirety of your reservation.
- Any meeting or program you hold must be open to the public.
- There may be no goods or services bought or sold, or in the case of a non-profit there may be no donations or memberships solicited.
- There may be no admission fees charged, either offsite prior to your reservation or onsite the day of your event.
- The purpose of your reservation must meet our board-approved policy being educational, cultural, political, civic or charitable in nature.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for private social gatherings or parties.
- Commercial educational presentations are not permitted.
Decide which room is the right fit for you by checking the detailed information for each room (above). You may check availability on our meeting room availability calendar  without obligation.
* When you have decided on a date and time click on the number, the actual number, in the calendar date box to open your electronic application.
Confirming Your Reservation
- Complete an application, understand our payment procedures, and submit. You may submit via mail, fax, in person or online. Your request cannot be considered until you submit electronically or sign your paper application acknowledging that you understand the full policy  and payment procedures .
- Once your application is approved the room will be tentatively reserved for one (1) week until payment is received. Your application status will be communicated to you via the method of your choice. Email is preferred. No deposit is necessary. All reservations are tentative until payment is received.
- Once payment is received the reservation will be confirmed and a unique confirmation number sent to you. This number must be presented on the day of your event before access is granted. Without this number your reservation will not be honored and you will not be granted room access.
Paying For Your Room
- Payment is due one (1) week from the date your request is approved. If payment is not received the reservation will not be confirmed and the room will be made available to rent to another group.
- Requests made less than one (1) week in advance must be paid for at the time the request is made. Last-minute reservations may not be paid for on the day of your meeting.
- There will be no refund for any confirmed reservation that is cancelled less then fourteen (14) days before the scheduled reservation. Please be fully aware of this part of our policy.
- You may pay via credit card, check or cash, by phone, mail, in person or online, via Illinois E-Pay . Online payment options include Mastercard, Discover and American Express. You may pay with Visa, Mastercard or Discover in person or by calling 708.697.6914.
Questions You Might Be Asking
May I bring food and drinks?
You may bring food and non-alcoholic beverages into the meeting rooms. Heating sources such as hot plates or Sterno are prohibited. Library staff cannot assist caterers in any way.
Are there limits on reservations?
All groups are limited to two (2) reservations per calendar month and may reserve up to four months (120 days) in advance. Last-minute requests made a week or less in advance may be considered on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed approval.
What are my room setup options?
Each room is unique, and those rooms where setup of tables and chairs is provided are limited to a choice of auditorium, classroom or conference style setups. All tables and chairs must remain in the meeting rooms. We cannot accommodate specialized room setups.
Is there audio/visual equipment available?
Audio/visual equipment is available in certain rooms and is included in the cost of the rental. Please be sure to provide your own laptop as this is one equipment choice we do not offer.
What if I need to make a change to an existing reservation?
Changes to a confirmed reservation must be made no less than one (1) week in advance.
What information should I include on my promotional materials?
All promotional materials must contain the statement “This meeting/program is not sponsored by the Oak Park Public Library.” Use of the Library’s logo without the Library’s written consent could result in the cancellation of your reservation. Groups may not use the Library’s telephone number as a contact point.