Providing public spaces to learn, collaborate, and create is a core library service available to the community. In late April, the Board of Library Trustees  updated policy to eliminate rental fees for non-for-profits and allow anyone with a library card to reserve a meeting space. Here's an overview of the reservation process in four main steps.
1. Select your space
- Main Library Veterans Room > 
- Main Library Small Meeting Room > 
- Main Library Book Discussion Room > 
- Main Library Community Engagement Space > 
- Main Library Conference Room > 
- Dole Branch Meeting Room > 
- Maze Branch Meeting Room > 
2. Agree to policy and procedures
- Being 18 years or older and having a valid library card.
- Knowing all events are open to the public; not using space for private social gatherings or parties.
- Not selling or buying goods or services, not soliciting donations.
- Not charging admission fees, either off site prior to your reservation or on site the day of your event.
- Having an educational, cultural, political, civic, or charitable in nature event; commercial educational presentations are not permitted.
3. Check availability, request a reservation
- See what's open on the calendar .
- Create a (or use your existing) Spaces account .
- Complete a paper application (PDFs available on individual room pages) and submit it either online, by mail, by fax, or in person.
- Know requests cannot be processed until you submit a signed paper application acknowledging understand of the full policy  and payment procedures .
4. Pay for, confirm your reservation
- Not-for-profits can use space for up to four hours for no charge. For-profits can rent space for up to four hours. Charges vary by room.
- Once your request is approved, the room will be tentatively reserved for one week until payment (if required) is received. No deposit is necessary.
- Pay-for reservations are tentative until payment is received. Once payment is received, the reservation will be confirmed.
- Payment is due one week from the date your request is approved. If payment is not received, the reservation will not be confirmed and the room will be made available to rent to another group.
- Requests made less than one week in advance must be paid for at the time the request is made. Last-minute reservations may not be paid for on the day of your meeting.
- There will be no refund for any confirmed reservation that is canceled less then fourteen days before the scheduled reservation. Please be fully aware of this part of our policy.
- You may pay via credit card, check or cash, by phone, mail, in person, or through E-Pay Illinois . Online payment options include MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You may pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express in person or by calling 708.452.3409.