We have several deputy registrars on staff at the Main Library  who want to help you register to vote. No appointment is needed, but please call ahead of your visit (708.383.8200) to make sure that one of our registrars will be available to help you.
We can register eligible voters who reside anywhere within the State of Illinois.
To register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old by the general election
- A resident of your precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day
You also must display two pieces of identification. Neither needs to be a photo ID, but one must include your current address. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Illinois driver's license
- Illinois state ID
- Employee or student ID
- Credit card
- Social security card
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill in applicant's name
- Mail postmarked to the applicant
- Valid U.S. passport
- Public aid ID card
- Lease or rental contract
Registration at the library is closed during the 27 days prior to an election and the two days after an election.
If you miss the deadline, you can register at the office of the election authority  through Grace Period Registration. Locations and hours vary for each election.
You can also register to vote online , by downloading and mailing in a voter registration card , or by visiting:
- Village of Oak Park 
- Oak Park Township 
- Cook County Clerk’s office 
- Illinois Secretary of State's driver's license facility  when obtaining or renewing your driver’s license or state identification card.
Check your voter registration, find your polling place and review a sample ballot through the office of the Cook County Clerk .