Illinois residents can register to vote at the Main Library.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a US citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age by election day
- Have been a resident of the precinct at least 30 days prior to election day
- Bring two forms of ID with you. You do not need a photo ID, but you do need one form of ID that shows your current address.
- Illinois driver's license
- Illinois state ID
- Employee or student ID
- Credit card
- Social security card
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill in applicant's name
- Mail postmarked to the applicant
- Valid U.S. passport
- Lease or rental contract
Registration at the library is closed during the 27 days prior to an election and the 2 days after an election. If you miss the deadline, you can register at the office of the election authority  through Grace Period Registration. Locations and hours vary for each election.
You can also register to vote by downloading and mailing in a voter registration card  or by visiting:
- Village of Oak Park 
- Oak Park Township 
- Cook County Clerk’s office 
- Illinois Secretary of State's driver's license facility  when obtaining or renewing your driver’s license or state identification card.
Check your voter registration, find your polling place and review a sample ballot through the office of the Cook County Clerk .