About working here
We are engagers: turning and focusing outward toward our community. We are learners: listening to what our community tells us and acting purposefully to achieve our objectives. We are stewards: defending our shared values, using vital resources responsibly, and working collaboratively with our partners to prepare for the future. Learn more about the library's mission and vision , meet our staff  and follow us on Linked In .
The Oak Park Public Library seeks a reliable, friendly, experienced Office Associate to work with Administration providing receptionist support, preparing outgoing mail for the main library, and assisting the Office Manager with accounts payable, cash receipts, file organization and payroll.
This is a full time, 40 hour per week position, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
The position requires a high school diploma plus at least 3 years experience in an administrative assistant capacity. The position also requires excellent oral and written communication skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, accurate keyboarding and ability to master specialized (accounting and payroll) software.
Some of the preferred attributes are:
· Understands, embraces and actively supports the vision, mission and goals of the Oak Park Public Library.
· Applies tact and good judgment to every situation.
· Maintains customer confidence and trust.
· Is adaptable and flexible in responding to change.
· Establishes rapport and effective, collaborative working relationships.
· Effectively uses technology and tools within the library.
Starting salary is $34,195.20 per year, with excellent benefits.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Rita Earle at firstname.lastname@example.org  not later than Monday, October 24, 2016.