Customer Service Library Assistant
Are you positive, dynamic, creative, and community focused? We are looking for an exceptionally friendly and approachable person to join our staff as Library Assistant in our Branch Services and Customer Services department.
You will love this job if:
- You are always looking for opportunities to make people feel welcome; at the library you would help customers check out material, register them for a library card, help them with a fee, or assist them with copying and faxing.
- You take pride in your surroundings; you would make sure we are clean and tidy and our displays are refreshed and looking beautiful.
- You see the big picture, you would understand when to jump in and help.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
- You are an explorer; you would be out on the floor with the library customers helping them with all of their needs.
- You know your way around technology; you would need to have the ability to explain basic computer skills and new media to users.
- You are an avid reader, viewer and/or listener and love sharing your favorites.
- You have an optimistic attitude - we believe that anything is possible.
This is a part-time position of 15 hours per week. The job requires a high school diploma. Some college is preferred. Two years experience working in a library, retail, or hospitality setting is strongly preferred. Evening and weekend availability is required. Shifts average 4 to 5 hours, and can be at any of our three locations. Salary begins at $12.17 per hour.
Please send a completed resume with cover letter to: Lori Pulliam, Branch Services and Customer Services Manager at email@example.com  by Friday, August 29, 2014.
Children's Library Assistant (part-time)
Seeking an enthusiastic, creative, customer service oriented individual to join our busy Children’s Department. The successful candidate must enjoy working with kids, have a working knowledge of children’s books, be highly reliable, and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A sense of humor and lots of energy are essential, as well as the ability to provide warm and friendly service to the public. Responsibilities include reference desk, readers’ advisory, programming, and computer assistance.
Hours: Part-Time, 15 hours/week. The schedule includes some evenings and weekends.
Requirements: An Associate’s degree and a minimum of 1 year experience working in a library or other customer service position is required. A Bachelor's degree and current M.L.S. students are preferred. Relevant experience working with children is required.
Contact Information: Email cover letter and resume by August 29 to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Autumn 2014 Storytime Outreach Interns
Looking to sharpen your skills as a storytime provider and learn more about supporting early literacy skills?
The Oak Park Public Library Children’s Department is seeking a Storytime Outreach Intern for a ten-weekinternship this fall. Interns will plan, schedule and perform storytimes for preschoolers and toddlers in local daycares and at the Oak Park Public Library. Training, a partner, laughter, and encouragement will all be provided!
Applicants should be currently enrolled in either a Library Science program or an Early Childhood Education program. It is preferable for applicants to have a reliable vehicle and be willing to share short-distance driving duties.
This internship begins the week of September 15 and runs through the week of November 21, 2014.Interns will work 3 mornings a week (tbd) for 3 to 3.5 hours, for a total of 10 hours a week. The internship pays $12.17 an hour.
Please email a letter of interest, résumé, and two references to Rory Parilac at email@example.com&by Friday, August 29.