About working here
We are engagers: turning and focusing outward toward our community. We are learners: listening to what our community tells us and acting purposefully to achieve our objectives. We are stewards: defending our shared values, using vital resources responsibly, and working collaboratively with our partners to prepare for the future. Learn more about the library's mission and vision , meet our staff  and follow us on LinkedIn .
Do you have a strong understanding of network environments, design, and security basics? Are you passionate about learning environments like libraries, and how technology can support innovative and productive services to a diverse public?
The Oak Park Public Library is seeking a full-time network administrator to join us as part of a non-traditional technology team. The Network Administrator will work with our Local Area Network and Wide Area Network, telecom and network infrastructure to provide future-focused services and tools to the public and staff. Establishes rapport and effective, collaborative working relationships. General responsibilities will include the uptime and improvement of current network systems, providing a secure environment that remains in the background and doesn’t disrupt library services, and re-thinking the Active Directory architecture. The position also actively contributes to the planning, development and implementation of the library’s overall technology strategy. This is a hands-on technical and team-based position.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Support and design of LAN and WAN between the Main Library and two branch locations
- Monitor the bandwidth connectivity of all three locations and advise on improvements
- Responsible for uptime and collaborative projects involving VMWare hosts, physical and virtual servers, Juniper switches, SonicWall, VOIP system
- Shares responsibility for backups, logs, wireless systems, print, web, email, and application servers, network and computer security with other staff
- Operational responsibilities including license and software organization, inventory management, server maintenance and equipment end-of-life planning
- Maintain documentation of and procedures for network systems
- Train, troubleshoot, and user support on hardware and software
- Collaborate with Digital Services and other library staff to evaluate services and develop strategies for serving our diverse public
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of Library goals and the role technology plays in meeting them
- Communicate technical changes effectively
- Listen to major technical requests effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or other technology-related discipline, or equivalent experience, plus at least two years of relevant work experience
- CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ certification or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Windows Server 2003-2012
- Linux familiarity
- Library experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Sense of curiosity
- Project management skills
- Customer Service
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Good judgment in all situations
- Accuracy and attention to detail
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, and requires occasional off-hours availability for special projects. Hiring range: $49,608.00 - $62,004.80 DOQ. To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Eric Battaglia, Manager of Experiences and Initiatives for Digital Services, at email@example.com  not later than Friday, March 11, 2016.