About working here
We are engagers: turning and focusing outward toward our community. We are learners: listening to what our community tells us and acting purposefully to achieve our objectives. We are stewards: defending our shared values, using vital resources responsibly, and working collaboratively with our partners to prepare for the future. Learn more about us  and meet our staff .
Shelving Aide (part-time)
Our Main Library has openings for energetic and conscientious people to shelve library materials. This position is responsible for the sorting and shelving of materials in a prompt and accurate manner, maintaining the order of the collection and also involves use of the automated material handling machine. Successful candidates will need to pass a skills test based on the alphabetical and numerical sorting of library materials.
These are 15 hour per week positions, and successful candidates should have flexibility regarding their schedule, but initially Sunday and evening hours will be a requirement. The flexibility to adhere to an agreed preset schedule is desirable.
Starting salary is $8.39 per hour.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org  not later than Thursday, April 30, 215.
Library Assistants (Customer Services)
Are you positive, dynamic, creative, and community focused?
We are looking for two exceptionally friendly and approachable people to join our staff as Library Assistants in our Branch and Customer Services Department.
You will love this job if:
- You are always looking for opportunities to make people feel welcome; at the library you would help customers check out material, register them for a library card, help them with a fee. or assist them with copying and faxing.
- You are fun and very kid-friendly. You understand how to make people of all ages feel important and cared for at the library, and would go out of your way to make sure everyone leaves with a smile on their face.
- You take pride in your surroundings; you would make sure we are clean and tidy and our displays are refreshed and looking beautiful.
- You see the big picture, you understand when to jump in and help.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
- You are an explorer; you would be out on the floor with library customers helping them with all of their needs.
- You know your way around technology; you would need to have the ability to explain basic computer skills and new media to users.
- You are an avid reader, viewer and/or listener and love sharing your favorites.
- You have an optimistic attitude - we believe that anything is possible.
This job requires a high school diploma. Some college is preferred. Two years experience working in a library, retail, and/or hospitality setting is strongly preferred. Experience working with children is preferred. Evening ad weekend availability is required. This position is for 15 hours per week, shifts average 4 to 5 hours, and can be on any service desk at ay of our three locations. Salary begins at $12.17 per hour.
To apply, please send a cover letter with resume to Lori Pulliam, Manager, Branch Services and Customer Services at email@example.com  by Friday, April 17, 2015.
Summer Children's Department Assistants (Temporary)
Seeking two enthusiastic, creative, kid-friendly, customer-service superheroes to help kids discover their superpowers in our busy Summer Library Adventure program: Unmask! Successful candidates must enjoy working with kids, be highly reliable, and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A sense of humor and tons of energy are essential, as well as the ability to provide warm and friendly service to the public in a bustling environment. Responsibilities include playing the summer reading game with kids, distributing prizes, keeping statistics, working the service desk, Children's reference and reader's advisory services, and assisting with programs at all 3 of our library locations.
This is a temporary, part-time position, 30 hours per week from June 1 through August 7. Incudes some evenings and weekend rotations. Salary of $12.17 per hour.
This position requires an Associate's Degree or equivalent, and a minimum of 1 year experience working in a customer service position. Relevant experience working with children is required.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Shelley Harris, Summer Library Adventure Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org  by April 24, 2015.