About working here
We are engagers: turning and focusing outward toward our community. We are learners: listening to what our community tells us and acting purposefully to achieve our objectives. We are stewards: defending our shared values, using vital resources responsibly, and working collaboratively with our partners to prepare for the future. Learn more about the library's mission and vision  and meet our staff .
The Oak Park Public Library seeks a Data Analyst to provide continuous research and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to measure the effectiveness of library services, and to collaborate in the development of future services according to the library's strategic priorities. The person in this position will use specialized tools developed for public libraries such as Collection HQ, LibSat, LibPas, Edge assessment and Project Outcome.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the development of system-wide library services to collect, compile, analyze, and present data relevant to the development and evaluation of library services established in alignment with the Strategic Focus.
· Coordinate the acquisition of data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems to manage that data.
· Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and provide to appropriate library staff.
· Produce reports, presentations, and proposals for diverse audiences.
· Collaborate with appropriate library staff to identify research needs and outcomes for project, budget and work plan development.
· Identify trends, research needs and opportunities for new projects.
· Assist other staff members in planning effective evaluation of services and projects.
· Assists with special projects as required.
· Serves on various library committees as assigned.
· Participates in continuous professional development.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
· Expresses self clearly, effectively, and compellingly in written, verbal, and nonverbal messages.
· Builds and maintains responsive, effective relationships with internal and external customers.
· Aligns behavior with the library's mission, values, and strategic focus in serving a diverse stakeholder community.
· Understands analytical tools and data interpretation techniques.
· Knows public library resources, programs, and services.
· Uses data visualization and presentation skills for making appropriate recommendations based on insights.
· Possesses GIS (Geographic Information Systems) skills.
· Demonstrates strong project or program management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects across changing deadlines.
· Communicates clearly and effectively.
· Possesses strong organization skills.
· Transforms statistical data and numbers into understandable information through infographics and mapping.
· Analyzes and interprets a wide variety of economic, demographic, geographic, ethnographic and social data, and translates into meaningful and actionable recommendations.
· Participates in a team atmosphere to achieve objectives consistent with the library’s strategic priorities.
· Guides the work of others to enhance their performance and to assure quality service.
· Works independently and sets priorities.
· Works cooperatively and maintains effective interpersonal skills with the public and co-workers.
· Speaks, writes, and understands English clearly and concisely.
· Operates relevant computer systems including hardware and software, such as Microsoft Office, electronic databases and electronic content platforms, email, chat, social media platforms, and internet navigation.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Information Management required.
· Master's degree in library science from an American Library Association accredited university desirable.
· Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position with excellent benefits. The salary range begins at $43,825.60 per year.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of David Seleb, Executive Director, at email@example.com  not later than Monday, September 19, 2016.