Support literacy and connection
When you give locally, you choose to share a gift that nurtures ideas and spreads knowledge in and around Oak Park. You support the freedom to read, to learn, and to grow. Your local loyalty and generosity help a 113-year-old institution, dedicated to literacy and community connection, continue to be free and accessible to all. All donations are tax deductible.
Give in person and online
- Give in person at any library location and securely online  through E-Pay, the Illinois State Treasurer's office.
- Give through the following dedicated funds managed by the Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation :
- Helen M. Harrison Endowed Book Fund: Established by long-time library loyalist Helen Harrison for new books and materials. Give now .
- Fallon Family Fund: Helping deliver cutting-edge projects and resources for all of our community's children. Give now .
- Bernard and Cecilia Sinkevitch Fund: Ongoing support for building collections. Give now .
- Scoville-Hutchinson Library Fund: Scholarship support for professional development, helping library employees earn a Master of Library Science degree. Give now .
- Oak Park Public Library Capital Fund: For building and capital needs. Since July 2011 includes the Ina Ostertag Scholarship Fund, which honors a former library trustee. Give now .
- H. Spencer Green Trust: An unrestricted fund bringing special projects to our community. Give now .
- Friends of the Oak Park Public Library Fund: Ongoing support for building community bridges. Give now .
To learn more about how you can make a difference and keep Oak Park’s center of information, local history, and civic engagement strong, contact Executive Director David J. Seleb (email@example.com , 708.697.6911 ) or Deputy Director Jim Madigan (firstname.lastname@example.org ,708.697.6909 ).
Honor loved ones and personal milestones
Remember loved ones, long-time neighbors, and friends. Honor milestones including birthdays, graduations, and anniversaries. By making a gift, you can choose a subject area and name who you are honoring on a bookplate. Contact us now. 
Giving locally transforms lives
Each year, neighbors choosing to give locally are supporting the power to transform lives. Take, for example, a recent $500 gift to the library from the Schwab Charitable fund  that was earmarked for adult literacy in memory of a loyal local patron. Twenty-six new Main Library titles in the Rapid Reads Series now offer contemporary, entertaining plots and come with tutor tools for testing comprehension and discussion. Adult Education Librarian Rashmi Swain  was thrilled to be able to fulfill an Oak Park literacy volunteer’s request with the donated funds. “The new titles are perfect for instilling foundational reading skills, and for fostering a continued love of reading," Swain said.
Thanks, Fallon Family Fund!
Thanks to generous contributions to the library’s Fallon Family Fund, Oak Park now has a custom-built Book Bike, used to bring library services and resources outside library buildings, and meet patrons where they are in the community. Learn more about Oak Park's Book Bike.