Be a Friend  Join the Friends to make a valued, recognized contribution to your library.
Who are the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library?
The Friends, as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, raise funds for the Oak Park Public Library. Annual tax-deductible memberships are available at multiple levels. Choose the membership level  that's right for you. To stay connected, be sure to like the Friends on Facebook .
What do the Friends do?
The Friends volunteer their time and talents to make our community a better place. Since 1948, this dedicated group has built valuable bridges between library and community.
How does my membership help?
Your annual Friends membership helps support the library in multiple ways. Funds raised through annual memberships help present:
- The Friends Annual Book Fair , one of the largest fairs in the Midwest
- The Barbara Ballinger Lecture , featuring an accomplished author and recognizing Barbara Ballinger's many years of service to the library
- Writers at Wright lecture series, a collaboration between the Friends, The Book Table, Midwest Media that brings cutting-edge authors to Oak Park
What does my annual membership provide?
Annual tax deductible memberships are available at multiple levels. Choose the membership level  that’s best for you.
- Patron Members ($25-$49): NEW THIS YEAR: receive an early/free admission to the Annual Book Fair at any membership level
- Donor Members ($50-$99): Be listed in the library’s annual report, and the benefit listed above
- Benefactor Members ($100-$499): Receive priority seating at Friends events, and all benefi ts listed above
- Sustaining Members ($500-$999): Be named on a bookplate in a library volume, and all benefits listed above
- Scoville Circle Members ($1,000+): Be recognized on a library plaque, enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Main Library, and all benefi ts listed above
Contact the Friends
Friends on Facebook 
Friends of the Oak Park Public Library
P.O. Box 3655
Oak Park, Illinois 60303-3655
Friends Board Members
- Chet Taranowski, President
- Terry Vanderwell, Vice President
- Eileen Kleps, Treasurer
- Doris Adamczewski, Secretary
- Doug Deuchler
- Mary Davis Fournier
- Philomena Harbaugh
- John Hayes
- Steve Kirshenbaum
- Paul Koko
- Amy Werthmann
- Janet Kelenson, Library Board Liaison
- Jim Madigan, Library Liaison