Beginning in November, a new way to use public computers and to print at all library locations is coming to all library locations.
Please note that computers will be unavailable for part of these dates:
- Dole Branch - Thursday, Nov. 6
- Maze Branch - Tuesday, Nov. 11
- Children's Computers at Main Library - Monday, Dec. 1
Laptops will still be available for Oak Park Library cardholders during these times.
- Use a desktop computer at any of our three locations.
- We offer Internet access and Microsoft Office 2010 products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- We also have stations for individuals with visual impairments.
- Don’t have an Oak Park Public Library Card? No problem. Get a card, or use a computer pass.
- Computers in the Children’s Department at the Main Library are reserved for children up to 5th grade and their caregivers.
- The Children's Department also has computers for children with special needs and preschool educational games.
- Computers on the 2nd floor of the Main Library are reserved for middle school and high school students, except during school hours.
- All of our library locations offer free wireless using the "opplair" network, or "scovillepark" in Scoville Park next to the Main Library.
- Adults can use a laptop for up to two hours within any of our library locations.
- Check out requires an Oak Park Public Library card with less than $5 in fines.
- Laptops must stay within the location they are borrowed from, and should never be left unattended.
- Cardholders are responsible for loss or damages.
- Laptops feature free WiFi Internet access and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Save documents to a flash drive and use it to print directly from our copiers; black and white ($0.15 per page) or color printing ($0.30 per page) is available.
Copy machines are available at all three library locations. All of our copy machines make color copies, double-sided copies, and oversize copies (legal size and 11x17).
- Black and white printing is available at all library locations.
You can scan documents or photos using the copy machines at all three library locations. There is no charge for scanning. You will need to save your scanned file to a FAT32-formatted flash drive. We sell preformatted 4GB flash drives for $8 at all library locations. You can’t email a scanned file from the copy machine.
Local and long-distance faxing is available using the copy machine on the First floor of the Main Library. FedEx Office offers international faxing.
Copying and Printing
Black and white, regular size, 15¢ per side.
Black and white, oversize, 30¢ per side.
50¢ per page.