Computers & Printing
- Use a desktop computer at any of our three locations for 45 minutes a day (you can extend your time if no one is waiting).
- We offer Internet access and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- We also have stations for individuals with visual impairments.
- Don’t have an Oak Park Public Library Card? Get a card, or use our guest computer stations.
Computers for children and teens
- Computers in the Children’s Department at the Main Library are reserved for children up to 5th grade and their caregivers.
- The Children's Department also has computers for children with special needs and preschool educational games.
- Computers on the 2nd floor of the Main Library are reserved for middle school and high school students, except during school hours.
- All of our library locations offer free wireless using the "opplair" network, or "scovillepark" in Scoville Park next to the Main Library.
- You can print wirelessly, from anywhere, via oppl.org/print, and pick up and pay for your print jobs at the Main Library.
- Adults can use a laptop for up to two hours within any of our library locations.
- Check out requires an Oak Park Public Library card with less than $5 in fines.
- Laptops must stay within the location they are borrowed from, and should never be left unattended.
- Cardholders are responsible for loss or damages.
- Laptops feature free WiFi Internet access and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Save documents to a flash drive and use it to print directly from our copiers; black and white ($0.15 per page) or color printing ($0.30 per page) is available.
Copy machines are available at all three library locations. All of our copy machines make color copies, double-sided copies, and oversize copies (legal size and 11x17). You can pay for copies with bills, change, or with money deposited on your library card or print card.
Black and white printing is available at all library locations. You can pay for print jobs with money deposited on your library card or print card. Printers do not take bills or change.
Send your print job wirelessly, from anywhere, via oppl.org/print, and pick up your print jobs at the Main Library.
You can scan documents or photos using the copy machines at all three library locations. There is no charge for scanning. You will need to save your scanned file to a FAT32-formatted flash drive. We sell preformatted 4GB flash drives for $8 at all library locations. You can’t email a scanned file from the copy machine.
Local and long-distance faxing is available using the copy machine on the First floor of the Main Library. FedEx Office offers international faxing.
Copying and Printing
Black and white, regular size, 15¢ per side.
Black and white, oversize, 30¢ per side.
50¢ per page.
A print card is required to pay for printing. Your Oak Park Public Library card doubles as your print card and comes with $1 loaded on it. You can purchase a separate print card from our vending machines at all three library locations. A print card costs $1 and comes with 50¢ loaded on it. You can use the bill accepter and coin tower on any library copy machine to add more money to your Oak Park Public Library card or print card.