- Use a desktop computer at any of our three locations.
- We offer Internet access and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- We also have stations for individuals with visual impairments.
- Don’t have an Oak Park Public Library Card? No problem. Get a card, or use a computer pass.
- Main Library First Floor computers in Children’s Services are reserved for children up to 6th grade and their caregivers. Children’s Services has computers for children with special needs and computers offering preschool educational games.
- Main Library Second Floor computers are reserved for middle school and high school students after 3 pm Monday through Friday.
- All of our library locations offer free wireless using the "opplair" network, or "scovillepark" in Scoville Park next to the Main Library.
- Adults can use a laptop for up to two hours within any of our library locations.
- Check out requires an Oak Park Public Library card with less than $5 in fines.
- Laptops must stay within the location they are borrowed from, and should never be left unattended.
- Cardholders are responsible for loss or damages.
- Laptops feature free WiFi Internet access and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Save documents to a flash drive and use it to print directly from our copiers; black and white ($0.15 per page) or color printing ($0.30 per page) is available.
Copy machines are available at all three library locations. All of our copy machines make color copies, double-sided copies, and oversize copies (legal size and 11x17).
Printing at the library
- Black and white printing is available at all library locations.
Wireless printing from anywhere
- Print a document or web page remotely, from wherever you are. Just choose where you want to pick up your document—either Main Library, Dole Branch, or Maze Branch—and upload your file. Print jobs must be picked up before the library closes for the day. Please note: Dole Branch is closed on Mondays, and Maze Branch is closed on Fridays. See all closings.
You can scan documents or photos using the copy machines at all three library locations. There is no charge for scanning. You will need to save your scanned file to a FAT32-formatted flash drive. We sell preformatted 4GB flash drives for $8 at all library locations. You can’t email a scanned file from the copy machine.
Local and long-distance faxing is available using the copy machine on the First floor of the Main Library. FedEx Office offers international faxing.
Copying and Printing
Black and white, regular size, 15¢ per side.
Black and white, oversize, 30¢ per side.
50¢ per page.