- Get your creative juices flowing as we fashion our very own sock puppets, at Maze Branch and Dole Branch.
- Put on your dancing shoes and move with us at a preschool dance party! Costumes encouraged.
- Share new socks with others! To benefit our neighbors at Housing Forward, we’re collecting new socks all month long.
Fall storytime classes
- Help children acquire pre-literacy skills in fun, age-appropriate ways. See the fall schedule.
More learning with your library
- Review our kindergarten readiness resources including these useful apps.
- Browse our recommendations, by age and grade.
- ‹ previous
- 3 of 3
Ever wanted to learn how to weave, or learn French, or practice writing your first novel? Maybe you want to learn about the stars or practice your own computer programming with Raspberry Pi? Discovery Kits offer activities in art and music, language arts, life science, math and engineering, physical science, and technology. Don’t forget to record your experiences in the mini journals included in each kit.
Have you and your child listened to a story as a Playaway audiobook? These all-in-one players come preloaded with kids' digital books in high-definition sound—you just supply the headphones and a AAA battery. Playaway audiobooks are easy to use and offer educational benefits including increased reading comprehension, retention, vocabulary skills, phonemic awareness, and fluency.
Tours, storytimes and group visits may be scheduled for school classes, scout groups, daycares, and parent groups. To schedule a visit, please call 708.452.3420 at least two weeks in advance.
Reserve the Homework Hub and use our online research tools
Any Oak Park resident of any age can get a library card! Applying for a baby, toddler, preschooler, child, tween or teen? Visit the library together.
The Children's Room has computers and iPads loaded with super special games and apps just for kids!