Your signed, submitted application and rental aggreement form acknowledges full understanding and acceptance of the library's Meeting Room Policy and these payment and use procedures.
All reservations are considered tentative until payment is received.
- No deposit is necessary.
- Payment is due one week from the date your request is approved and becomes a reservation. You will receive only one notice concerning your payment due date, and that will be when your request is approved. The Library will not send a reminder notice. Payment for multiple dates approved on the same day must be made as one payment.
- If payment is not received your reservation will not be confirmed and the space will be made available to rent to another group.
- You may pay via credit card, check or cash.
- There will be no refund for any confirmed reservation cancelled by the renter less than 14 days before the scheduled event.
- Requests made a week or less in advance may be considered on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed approval.
- A signed application and rental aggreement form must be received.
- Forms submitted electronically are considered signed and acknowledge your acceptance of policy and payment and use procedures. You can submit:
- When approved, your space is reserved until payment is received. The status of your application is shared via the preferred method indicated on your application. You may not receive an immediate response.
- Once payment is received, your reservation will be confirmed and a unique confirmation number sent to you. Cardholders must present their library card or photo ID with the unique confirmation number on the day of their reservation before meeting space access will be granted.
- Reservations are taken for hours which the library building is open.
- Opening and closing times are prompt, and no one will be allowed inside the building before or after the official open hours. All meeting rooms must be completely vacated no later than 9 pm Monday through Thursday, 6 pm Friday and Sunday, and 5 pm Saturday. We suggest groups schedule meetings to begin 30 minutes after the building opens, and plan to end the meeting 30 minutes before the building closes.
- For Oak Park Public Library cardholders, meeting spaces may be reserved up to four months in advance.
- For all other library cardholders, meeting spaces may be reserved up to one month in advance. \
- Groups are limited to two reservations per month.
- Groups should notify the Library of cancellations as soon as possible, but no less than 24 hours in advance. Repeated cancellations or unused reservations may result in denial of meeting room use.
- Main Library parking is available in the lower level parking garage. Standard rates apply. Parking validation is not available. At the branches, street parking is available.
Set up, equipment
- At the Main Library, set-up options and equipment requests are made at the time the reservation is requested. We can set up a table by the door for pamphlets, and we can set up a table by the windows for refreshments. All tables and chairs must be contained in the meeting rooms themselves; we cannot set up additional tables outside the meeting rooms. All room setup and. Any changes to a confirmed reservation (setup, equipment, attendees, etc.) must be made no less than one week before the meeting or event. Setup will not be changed the day of the meeting. Patrons must not move furniture or fixtures other than chairs.
- At the branches, renters arrange tables and chairs to their preference.
- At all buildings, library staff will provide minimal assistance with library equipment. Renters must be conversant with their own equipment, especially laptop computers.
- Library staff cannot assist groups with transporting materials into or out of the meeting rooms or building.
- The library does not provide supplies. Groups must provide their own nametags, paper, writing utensils, eating utensils, cups, etc.
- Groups may not store anything in the library.
- At the Main Library, lobby and elevator screens list day-of events. Confirmed meeting space rentals also display at oppl.org/calendar.
- Groups may share paper flyers for community board postings. Please use your own organization/organizer contact information such as your website, your email, and your phone number as well as the library building's street address and floor/room name of the space you are renting. Do not use the library logo or the library telephone number as a point of contact.
Food and beverages
- You may bring food and non-alcoholic beverages into meeting spaces except for the Computer Classroom. Heating sources such as hot plates or Sterno are prohibited.
- Library staff cannot assist caterers in any way.