Every day, about 300 visitors pass through the Main Library Lobby. The Lobby Community Space offers high-traffic, centrally located, popular space in the heart of our community for everyone to learn and connect.
For individuals, organizations, and businesses, whether it is by sharing information, holding discussions, demonstrating products and services, giving presentations, soliciting members, or surveying citizens, the library welcomes the use of this beautiful public space in support of its mission, and in accordance with library rules of behavior.
- Open to all Oak Park Public Library cardholders. Need a card?
- A two-hour time slot once per month.
- Any day of the week during regular Main Library hours.
The library provides
- A first-floor open public space.
- Tables and chairs.
- Inclusion on oppl.org/calendar as soon as the space is officially reserved.
- Inclusion in library digital displays on the day of the event.
- Setup on the day of the event.
- Up to two hours of free, on-site garage parking.
The renting individual, organization or business provides
- A formal, signed commitment to the date and time.
- Specific written direction on setup.
- People to run the event.
- Promotion outside the library, if desired.