You can rent a room at the library by following these four steps:
1. Decide which room you want to rent
- Main Library Veterans Room
- Main Library Small Meeting Room
- Main Library Book Discussion Room
- Main Library Conference Room G
- Dole Branch Meeting Room
- Maze Branch Meeting Room
2. Agree to policy and procedures
- You must be 18 years or older and have your own valid Oak Park Public Library card.
- You must be present for the entirety of your reservation.
- Any meeting or program you hold must be open to the public.
- There may be no goods or services bought or sold, or in the case of a nonprofit there may be no donations or memberships solicited.
- There may be no admission fees charged, either off-site prior to your reservation or on-site the day of your event.
- The purpose of your reservation must meet our board-approved policy of being educational, cultural, political, civic, or charitable in nature.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for private social gatherings or parties.
- Commercial educational presentations are not permitted.
3. Check room availability and request your reservation
- Check availability without obligation on the calendar.
- You will need to have or create a Spaces account, including email opt-in, to request a reservation. Be sure to include all of your organization's information.
- Complete an application, understand our payment procedures, and submit. You may submit via online, mail, fax, or in person.
- Your request cannot be considered until you submit electronically or sign your paper application acknowledging that you understand the full policy and payment procedures.
4. Pay for your room and confirm your reservation
- Once your application is approved, the room will be tentatively reserved for one week until payment is received. No deposit is necessary.
- All reservations are tentative until payment is received. Once payment is received, the reservation will be confirmed.
- Payment is due one week from the date your request is approved. If payment is not received, the reservation will not be confirmed and the room will be made available to rent to another group.
- Requests made less than one week in advance must be paid for at the time the request is made. Last-minute reservations may not be paid for on the day of your meeting.
- There will be no refund for any confirmed reservation that is canceled less then fourteen days before the scheduled reservation. Please be fully aware of this part of our policy.
- You may pay via credit card, check or cash, by phone, mail, in person, or via Illinois E-Pay. Online payment options include MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You may pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express in person or by calling 708.452.3417.
Have a question?
- May I bring food and drinks? You may bring food and non-alcoholic beverages into the meeting rooms. Heating sources such as hot plates or Sterno are prohibited. Library staff cannot assist caterers in any way.
- Are there limits on reservations? Yes, all groups are limited to two reservations per calendar month and may reserve up to four months (120 days) in advance. Last-minute requests made a week or less in advance may be considered on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed approval.
- What are the room setup options? Each room is unique, and those rooms where setup of tables and chairs is provided are limited to a choice of auditorium, classroom, or conference style setups. All tables and chairs must remain in the meeting rooms. We cannot accommodate specialized room setups.
- Is audio/visual equipment available? Audio/visual equipment is available in certain rooms and is included in the cost of the rental. Please be sure to provide your own laptop, as this is one equipment choice we do not offer.
- I need to make a change to an existing reservation. What do I do? Changes to a confirmed reservation must be made no less than one week in advance.
- What can I include on promotional materials? All promotional materials must contain the statement “This meeting/program is not sponsored by the Oak Park Public Library.” Use of the library’s logo without the library’s written consent could result in the cancellation of your reservation. You may not use the library’s telephone number as a contact point.
- Contact us if you have any additional questions.