All of our library locations offer free wireless using the "opplair" network, or "scovillepark" in Scoville Park next to the Main Library.
- As an Oak Park Public Library card holder, you can use a desktop computer at any of our three locations for 45 minutes a day.
- You can extend your time if no one is waiting.
- We offer Internet access and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Don’t have an Oak Park Public Library Card? You are welcome to use our guest computer stations.
- We also have stations for individuals with visual impairments.
- Adults can use a laptop for up to two hours within any of our library locations.
- Check out requires an Oak Park Public Library card with less than $5 in fines.
- Laptops must stay within the location they are borrowed from, and should never be left unattended.
- Cardholders are responsible for loss or damages.
- Laptops feature free WiFi Internet access and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Save documents to a flash drive and use it to print directly from our copiers; black and white ($0.15 per page) or color printing ($0.30 per page) is available.
Computers for children and teens
Computers in the Children’s Department at the Main Library are reserved for children up to 5th grade and their caregivers.
The Children's Department also has computers for children with special needs and preschool educational games.
Computers on the 2nd floor of the Main Library are reserved for middle school and high school students, except during school hours.
Library staff can offer limited computer assistance.
Computer volunteers are regularly available in the Technology Center.
Check out our technology learning opportunities, including free 20-minute one-on-one help sessions at the branches.
Learn on your own using basic computer tutorials, software tutorials, and computer books.