Adult & Teen Services staff offer proctoring services free of charge based on staff availability.
What do I need to do?
- Have an Oak Park Public Library card.
- Make an appointment at least seven days in advance.
- Request a proctor now by emailing us at email@example.com, or call us at 708.452.3480 to schedule an appointment.
What are the guidelines to taking an exam at the library?
- It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the proctoring conditions provided by the Oak Park Public Library meet any requirements of the school administering the test.
- Tests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Library will not receive or mail or paper copies of exams or other materials.
- The student will be required to present a valid picture I.D. at the time of the exam.
- Proctors will not monitor a student continuously during an exam, but may check on the student periodically. The Library does not guarantee that a quiet study room will be provided.
- Public computers for online testing are available on a first-come, first-serve basis in our public computer lab. During busy hours the student would have only limited privacy and quiet. Testing systems that require software to be downloaded onto library computers will not be permitted.
- The Oak Park Public Library proctors online tests only, including tests completed online (often accessed with a password sent to the proctor and entered at the time of testing) and tests sent electronically to the proctor to be printed in the library, completed by the student, scanned and emailed back to the school or institution.
- The Library will not receive or mail paper copies of exams or other materials.
- The Library will scan and email completed exams within twenty-four hours of the actual test to the email address provided by the school. Additional services such as faxing may incur an additional charge, which the student is responsible for.
- Any examinations not taken as scheduled will be held for one week and then returned to the school if postage has been provided. If postage has not been provided, the exam will be destroyed.