Ways of Giving
Gifts to the Oak Park Public Library touch and improve thousands of lives each year. Since we are supported by both the Oak Park community and individual donors, your generousity makes it possible for us to keep providing the highest quality resources, services and spaces that directly affect and engage our community.
Your planned gift or bequest will help ensure that your library can continue to respond to the everchanging expectations of the 21st century, building the best collections, events, spaces and resources for all of Oak Park's children, teens and adults. See how you can make a difference through one or more of these targeted funds.
- Helen M. Harrison Endowed Book Fund: established by long-time library loyalist Helen Harrison for new books and materials.
- Fallon Family Fund: Helping us deliver cutting-edge projects and resources for all of our community's children.
- Bernard and Cecilia Sinkevitch Fund: ongoing support for building our collections.
- Scoville-Hutchinson Library Fund: scholarship support for professional development, helping library employees earn a Master's of Library Science degree.
- Oak Park Public Library Capital Fund: helping support building and capital needs, and since July 2011 including former library trustee's Ina Ostertag Scholarship Fund.
- H. Spencer Green Trust: an unrestricted fund bringing special projects to our community.
- Friends of the Oak Park Public Library: ongoing support for building community bridges and the greater good of the library. More about becoming a friend of the library.
To give, or begin a new fund, contact Executive Director David Seleb (708-697-6911) or Assistant Director Jim Madigan (708-697-6909). Funds are managed by the Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation.
Honor or Memorial Gifts
Remember loved ones, long-time neighbors and friends. Honor milestones including birthdays, graduations and anniversaries. By making a gift, you can specify a specific subject area, and choose to name who you are honoring and you as the donor, on a permanent bookplate. To learn more, contact Executive Director David Seleb (708-697-6911).
Become Our Friend
Friends of the Oak Park Public Library support your library in numerous ways, building bridges between us and our community. More about becoming a friend of the library.
Your Materials Donations
Your donations of books, records, videos and audiotapes are always welcome at all library locations. Many donated items are sold at the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library's Annual Book Fair, one of the Midwest's biggest.
Volunteer Your Talents and Time
Our volunteers dedicate their precious time and unique talents in multiple ways. Find your best fit by reviewing a list of library volunteer opportunities.