Artist-student collaboration with Jon Veal
This October, the Idea Box will become home to artist-student learning and collaboration for kids in grades 6-12 this fall. Oak Park native and artist Jon Veal will focus on the visual arts and music as the library's second artist in residence. Read more about Jon >
What is the Idea Box?
- Located just inside the Main Library entrance, the Idea Box is a dedicated 19-by-13-foot space that provides participatory community experiences. Visitors are encouraged to learn through experimentation and play.
- For a taste of what it's all about, see previous Idea Box installations on Flickr >
What others have said
- Public Libraries Online: Embracing the Long Game
- boingboing: Drawing Community to the Public Library
- Good Culture
- Shareable: Life & Art
- "Library as Incubator"
- "New Use for Space"
- Tame the Web
- Patch.com: Here comes the SparkTruck
- TribLocal.com: "R.A.W. Adventure"
- Dave Coulter: "Constellations"
Digital Media and Learning