On June 1, we are eliminating overdue fines, increasing the loan period for movies, and increasing the number of times you can renew items for Oak Park Public Library materials. Read more about this policy change to improve use, access, and equity around library resources.
See the "Then and Now" chart on this page for the major changes coming June 1. Read the new borrowing policy for all the details.
Current information listed here is for materials checked out at Oak Park Public Library locations. Materials checked out at other SWAN libraries are subject to those libraries' loan rules.
Current loan periods (through May 31)
- Books, audiobooks, magazines: 3 weeks
- Compact discs (CDs): 3 weeks
- DVDs and Blu-ray Discs
- Movies: 1 week
TV series: 3 weeks
- Digital items expire automatically.
- Physical items: 200
- Digital items: varies by service. Explore your options.
- Requests: 30
Current overdue fines (through May 31)
- DVDs, Blu-ray Discs: $1 a day
- All other items: $0.25 a day
- Cash, checks, and major credit cards accepted, in person and online.
- Fines of $50 or more suspend an account and are sent to an external collection agency.