Who are the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library?
The Friends, as a separate 501c3 nonprofit organization, raise funds for the Oak Park Public Library. Annual tax-deductible memberships are available at multiple levels. Choose the membership level that's right for you. To stay connected, be sure to like the Friends on Facebook.
What do the Friends do?
The Friends volunteer their time and talents to make our community a better place. Since 1948, this dedicated group has built valuable bridges between library and community.
How does my membership help?
Your annual Friends membership helps support the library in multiple ways. Funds raised help support programming like summer reading. They also bring free, engaging events to Oak Park, including:
- The Annual Book Fair, typically held the first weekend in August
- The Barbara Ballinger Lecture, typically held every October, features an accomplished author to recognize the former head librarian's many years of dedicated service to the library and the Oak Park community
- Folk Music Concert Series, typically held each spring and fall, brings talents musicians to Oak Park for free public performances
What does my annual membership give me?
Annual tax deductible memberships are available at multiple levels. Choose the membership level that’s best for you.
- Patron Members ($25-$49): Receive an early/free admission to the Annual Book Fair at any membership level
- Donor Members ($50-$99): Be listed in the library’s annual report, and the benefit listed above
- Benefactor Members ($100-$499): Receive priority seating at Friends events, and all benefi ts listed above
- Sustaining Members ($500-$999): Be named on a bookplate in a library volume, and all benefits listed above
- Scoville Circle Members ($1,000+): Be recognized on a library plaque, enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Main Library, and all benefi ts listed above
Contact the Friends
Friends of the Oak Park Public Library
P.O. Box 3655
Oak Park, Illinois 60303-3655
Friends Board Members
- Chet Taranowski, President
- Terry Vanderwell, Vice President
- Eileen Kleps, Treasurer
- Doris Adamczewski, Secretary
- Doug Deuchler
- Mary Davis Fournier
- Philomena Harbaugh
- John Hayes
- Steve Kirshenbaum
- Paul Koko
- Amy Werthmann
- Janet Kelenson, Library Board Liaison
- Jim Madigan, Library Liaison