Thanks to everyone who supported the 44th Annual Book Fair, held on Friday, Aug. 1, and Saturday, Aug. 2, in the south cafeteria at Oak Park and River Forest High School, 201 N. Scoville Ave., Oak Park.
The fair typically offers more than 100,000 books in every conceivable category. Many materials sold at the fair are donated by the general public. With funds raised, the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library continue a tradition that supports programming such as Fizz, Boom Read, our summer reading program for kids ages birth through grade 6, as well as the Barbara Ballinger Lecture and Folk Music Concert Series.
Donate for the fair
- Material donations in sellable condition are accepted year-round at the Main Library
- Items can be dropped off at any time of the year at the Main Library
- The Friends cannot accept textbooks and condensed texts (such the Reader's Digest)
Volunteer to support the book fair
- Before the sale, volunteers help sort materials, which happens at the high school
- During the sale, volunteers help at the counters (people who bill customers) and as cashiers. Others are in charge of restocking and moving materials
- Have a question? Email the Friends at email@example.com