How annual Friends’ memberships support literacy and learning in Oak Park
Your annual Friends membership helps Oak Parkers in multiple ways. Funds raised support a love of reading through targeted programs. Memberships also connect community, bringing free, engaging events for all ages to Oak Park, including:
- The Friends’ Annual Book Fair, typically scheduled for a summer weekend during the end of July or the beginning of August.
- The Friends’ Annual Barbara Ballinger Lecture, typically held every October, features an accomplished author to recognize the former head librarian’s many years of dedicated service to the library and the Oak Park community.
- “Building Community in Today’s World” with Rich Harwood
- Communicating the library’s impact with Celebrating Seniors
Become a Friend of the Oak Park Public Library
Since 1948, the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library have been building valuable bridges between the library and community and raising funds, as an individual 501c3 nonprofit organization, for the library.
- To learn more about joining, contact the Friends
- To read a concise statement of the Friends’ purpose and organizational structure, review the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library Bylaws (pdf).
- To stay connected on social media, be sure to like the Friends on Facebook.
Choose the annual membership level that’s best for you
Let the Friends know if you want to give in someone else’s honor, and if you work for a company that participates in employee matching gifts (also known as matching funds).
- Patron Members ($25-$49): Receive an early/free admission to the Annual Book Fair at any membership level.
- Donor Members ($50-$99): Be listed in the library’s annual report, and the benefit listed above.
- Benefactor Members ($100-$499): Receive priority seating at Friends events, and all benefits listed above.
- Sustaining Members ($500-$999): Be named on a bookplate in a library volume, and all benefits listed above.
- Scoville Circle Members ($1,000+): Be recognized on a library plaque, enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Main Library, and all benefits listed above.
Typically the Friends Board of Trustees meets on the fourth Mondays of most months at 7:30 pm in the Main Library Scoville Room.
2019 Board Meetings
- January 21: Agenda (pdf) | Minutes (pdf)
- March 18: Agenda (pdf)
- May 20: Minutes (pdf)
- June 17: Agenda (pdf)
- June 19: Volunteer Pizza Party
- August 19:
- October 21:
- November 18:
2018 Board Meetings
- January 22: Minutes (pdf)
- March 19 (annual meeting): Minutes (pdf)
- May 21: Minutes (pdf)
- June 18: Minutes (pdf)
- August 20: Minutes (pdf)
- October 15: Minutes (pdf)
- November 26:
- Joe Larscheid, President (term ending March 2021)
- Paul Buchbinder, Vice President (term ending March 2021)
- Denise Roser, Treasurer
- Doris Adamczewski, Secretary (term ending March 2021)
- Jane Bularzik
- Doug Deuchler
- Russell Glidden (term ending March 2021)
- Nancy Hartman
- Paul Koko (term ending March 2021)
- Chet Taranowski (term ending March 2021)
- Terry VanderWell (term ending March 2021)
- Mary Anne Mohanraj, Library Trustee
- David Seleb, Library Executive Director