Library Board approved April 16, 2002. Revised January 1, 2012.
- Scheduled hours in a regular work week shall be 40 hours for full time employees.
- All direct public service employees will be scheduled to work some evening, Saturday, and Sunday hours. Non-direct public service employees may occasionally be scheduled to work such hours as well.
- It is implicit in the nature of supervisory and professional positions that time beyond the regular work schedule must be spent on job-related responsibilities. If an unusual amount of extra work has been required, compensatory time off may be taken within a month of the time in which the extra time was worked, with the approval of the Executive Director or the Assistant Directors.
- Employees who work a full work day may take two rest periods during the day as schedules and work requirements permit. Each rest period is limited to 15 minutes.
- Part-time employees working less than a full work day may take one 15 minute rest period during each four hour work period, as work requirements permit.
- There will be no compensation for missed rest periods, and they may not be used for leaving early or for extended lunch/dinner periods.
- Employees who work at least 7.5 hours in a day receive an unpaid meal break of at least 20 minutes no more than 5 hours after the start of the work day.