Tax returns are due April 15
At the library, you can print popular state and federal tax forms at no charge; use library computers to file taxes online; and find resources and referrals for more specialized help.
Looking for tax forms?
At the Main Library
- Print popular federal and state forms on demand, at no charge, from a dedicated computer station in the lobby.
- The most popular tax forms are saved as PDF files on the desktop. Simply click on the form or publication you need, and it will print at no charge to you.
- If you’re looking for forms or publications that aren’t available at the dedicated station in the lobby, stop by any service desk, and we’ll print forms for you at no charge.
- Ask for help at any service desk, and we’ll print forms for you at no charge.
Download, print from home
- Federal Tax Forms
- Illinois Tax Forms
- Can’t find the IRS forms you need online? To request forms to be mailed to you, call the IRS hotline at 800.829.3676.
Why isn’t the library stocking paper tax forms this year?
More and more people are filing their tax returns electronically. In the 2018 tax season, only around 11% of taxpayers submitted their returns on paper. Additionally, the Internal Revenue Service is no longer sending paper forms to public libraries or postal offices.
To reduce our paper waste and respond to demand, we’re printing forms as customers need them.
Taxpayers also can use two-hour public computer sessions to file electronic returns online.
Free online filing
If you made $66,000 or less in 2019, you can choose to use the software that’s best for you for free, no strings attached, through IRS Free File, a partnership between the IRS and 12 brand-name tax software companies.
Need more help?
Library staff cannot offer tax advice, but we can help you find assistance outside the library. Some local options are:
- AARP Income Tax Preparation, offered at:
- Howard Mohr Community Center, 7640 Jackson Blvd., Forest Park, 708.771.7737
- North Riverside Public Library, 2400 S. Des Plaines Ave., North Riverside, 708.447.0869
- Riverside Public Library, 1 Burlington Road, Riverside, 708.442.6366
- Ladder Up service locations
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE), available at:
- Triton College, 2000 Fifth Ave., River Grove, 708.456.0300, ext. 3895
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program locations (for those who make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, or those who have limited English proficiency)
Oak Park and River Forest residents age 60+ who need transportation to and from these sites may call the Oak Park Township’s Transportation Office at 708.383.4806.