Need help getting started with your digital library? We’ve got a new video series for that! Check out the first video in a new series called “How to Library,” created to help you get the most out of your public library.
In the first video, discover how to instantly access thousands of ebooks, digital audiobooks, comics, movies, TV shows, and music with Hoopla and your Oak Park Public Library card. Borrow up to 30 items a month, with no holds and no waiting.
Getting an error message? Make sure you add your PIN. Here’s how »
Want to learn more? Explore Hoopla FAQs and get answers about your digital library below.
Your digital library FAQs
What if I do not have an Oak Park card yet? Can I get one? Yes! All Oak Park residents can get instant digital access »
What if I can’t find or forgot my library card account number (barcode)? Click on this SWAN link, then enter your last name and birthdate. You should receive an email (at the email address associated with your account) with your barcode. If you do not have an email associated with your account, contact us and we can help remotely.
Can you help me reset my PIN? Yes! You can reset your PIN from anywhere, anytime. Enter your library card number and click “Forgot My PIN” on this page. You can also contact us.
Can I still check out ebooks and stream movies and music? Yes! We encourage you to explore your digital library with your library card and PIN. Need help? Contact us.
I’m trying to stream and download through Hoopla, but I get an error message. What do I need to do? Add your PIN. Hoopla recently required all users to provide their library Personal Identification Number (PIN) to borrow and stream. How to add your PIN to your Hoopla account »
Can I access online learning resources? Yes! There’s so much waiting for you! Get started finding, learning, and creating »
My Oak Park account is blocked. What can I do? Contact us and we will work with you.
What to read on Hoopla
Now that you’ve set up your new account, there’s so much to explore! Why not start with these suggestions from your librarians?
Bonus Borrows on Hoopla
Now through April 30, download and stream more than one thousand titles in the Hoopla Bonus Borrows without using your monthly borrows!
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (ebook and digital audioboook) »
- Disney favorites »
- Comics kids love »
- Adult fiction »
- And more »
More Hoopla tips & tricks
- Hoopla KIDS mode offers a kid-friendly setting for finding videos, music, and books. Just select the KIDS icon in the top right of the hoopla app or website to get started. When you’re ready to turn off KIDS mode, tap the KIDS icon again.
- Browse curated categories to discover new titles you’ll love. First select your desired format (audiobooks, movies, music, comics, ebooks, or television), then select categories (on the website) or genres (in the app) to find a list of topics to explore.
- Keep a list of the titles you want to download later. Select the heart icon on a title description page to add the item to your favorites list. Find your favorites under the My Hoopla menu (on the website) or at the top of your screen (in the app).
- Checkouts refresh every month. The number of available checkouts resets at midnight on the first day of each month.