In honor of Teen Tech Week, March 3-9, explore all of the digital resources and services your public library has to offer!
Teen tech titles
Digital tools & programs for makers
Explore your creativity with the help of technology at the library, including a 3D printer, laser cutter, scan/copy/print station, and an oversized copier with advanced functionality.
Each week, students in grades 4-8 can create something new, eat snacks, and hang out at the library during Try It Thursdays. Explore some of the library’s digital tools at upcoming events, held on Thursdays in the Main Library Storytime Room, 4-5 pm:
- March 7: Taste test Oreos and take photos in front of a green screen »
- April 4: Try your hand at 3D design and printing »
- May 2: Explore virtual reality »
Bring your A game to the Main Library for Game On: Tweens and Teens Video Gaming!
Test your skills, claim your title, and become Oak Park’s ruler of games. We will have a PS4, a Nintendo Wii, and a Nintendo Switch. Feel free to bring your own video games! Ages 11+.
Resources for teens
Expand your knowledge with the library’s online resources:
- Explora Secondary: Explore text articles, news, and current events related to video games, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and more.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: Browse reference ebooks online under the technology category to learn about coding projects in Python, cyber safety, net neutrality, and more.
- Lynda.com: Learn about coding languages, 3D printing, creating podcasts, sewing for wearable tech, designing apps, and more with easy-to-follow, watch-from-anywhere video tutorials.
- Science Reference Center: Get full-text science magazines, journals, encyclopedias, reference books, images, videos, and animations on a variety of topics—from computer application and programming to nanotechnology and beyond.