Your digital library
Babybug & Cricket on Flipster: Find stories just for kids in two award-winning magazines.
Hoopla: Easy to navigate and use, the app offers educational and fun options for young readers of all ages.
Media on Demand & Libby: From nursery rhymes and classic tales to robots and pirates, young readers can explore fun books for all ages in a special reading section just for kids.
New! National Geographic Kids: NatGeo Kids offers a complete run of the magazine from 2009 to the present, as well as books, videos, images, and more.
TumbleBookLibrary: Collection of animated, talking picture books that teach young children the joys of reading in a format they’ll love.
Free ebook collections
- Barnes & Noble: Free ebooks for kids available in the NOOK app.
- International Children’s Digital Library: A collection of free ebooks that represents outstanding historical and contemporary books from around the world.
- Project Gutenberg: Classic and historical picture books, digitized and available for free.
Paid ebook subscriptions
- Storytime Online: Videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- CBeebies: Educational and fun content for preschoolers and parents, with a new bedtime story every week from the BBC.
- PBS Kids: Read along storytimes with recognizable voices, including former First Lady Michelle Obama and President Barack Obama.
- HarperKids: Virtual storytimes and more from HarperCollins.
- Scholastic: Authors and illustrators read their books aloud.
- Scholastic Storybook Treasures (English, Spanish, Mandarin): Classic children’s storybooks are adapted and brought to life in this series of animated and live-action stories.
- Barefoot Books: Virtual storytimes, at-home activity kits, animated singalongs, and more.
- Lee and Low (English and Spanish): Video storytime readalouds.
- Puffin Books: Virtual storytimes for all ages, with new videos each week.
- Oliver Jeffers: Stay-at-home video storytimes with Oliver Jeffers.
- Beatrix Potter: Digital retellings of Peter Rabbit, with readings by Emma Thompson.
- KidLitTV: Authors read their books out loud.
- Flannel Board Stories: Classic stories reenacted with cut-out characters.